BeeHoon Bak Kut Teh

Posted by mamabok | Chinese | Thursday 17 January 2008 5:39 pm

beehoonbkt1.JPG

Folks back home eat Bak Kut Teh with rice or some even eat them with yam rice ( my favourite) but of course being in Canada.. you have to improvise lah..! Not that we donch have rice here.. just that a whole pot of it.. can be quite tough to finish, so i sometimes put bee hoon (rice vermicelli) and make them like a soupy kinda food.. another variation .. so that the kid thinks this is chinese noodles too.

1. Comment by Shireen — January 18, 2008 @ 7:55 am

Hmm…I love bak kut teh but I don’t think I can get used to having it with noddles.

2. Comment by Mommy to Chumsy — January 19, 2008 @ 4:16 am

Yummy!!! I love the soup and since I don’t eat rice, I normally just order a bowl of soup with extra mushrooms and tau fu pok :D

3. Comment by Tummythoz — January 19, 2008 @ 5:28 am

Haha over here, we used to carry packets of such instant noodles from Thailand. Otherwise, for those made fresh, it’s always with rice.

4. Comment by JoMel — January 19, 2008 @ 11:31 am

Hi there, thanks for visiting my new blog. I love your blog. It’s the kind of food I would go oooh and ahhh over. So simple, yet so delicious. Will definitely come by again. :)

5. Comment by letti — January 20, 2008 @ 1:44 am

oooo noodles are my comfort food. *sigh*

6. Comment by steamy kitchen — January 20, 2008 @ 2:01 am

omg – that looks so wonderful. i miss my mom’s BKT.

7. Comment by tigerfish — January 21, 2008 @ 11:24 am

I also put noodles in my BKT before! very nice :P

8. Comment by Stephanie — April 9, 2009 @ 6:01 am