Atlantic Salmon

Posted by mamabok | Canadian,Seafood | Tuesday 17 February 2009 9:21 am

Some things are cheap here.. while in Asia.. you can’t get it as cheap.  Of course, you can get the food like hom either.  Salmon like this .. goes on sale pretty often.  At $4.99 .. one can replicate and try to make sushi.. or a salmon bagel.  I used to love Salmon a lot… and when i go for a buffet dinner.. or the reason why.. i go for a buffet dinner.. it’s because i wanna eat as much salmon and oysters as possible.

One of the previous Ms Singapore.. told  me.. she buys them frozen. .and only eats them.. because they are good for keeping her weight steady.   And truth be told, she is still as beautiful as the day .. she was crowned Ms Singapore..  but married with kids now.   5 pieces .. at $4.99 .. to some is pretty ex.. but it’s reasonable to me.. i get a few meals outta it.   The “ang moh” donch eat salmon.. neither does the kid.. so it’s all for me only.  Hallelujah..!!!  But at this moment.. i’ll give up all the salmon .. for a plate of char kway teow – with lard pieces too.. hahhahaha!!!  the way to a heart attack.. muahhahaha!!!

1. Comment by Drkiwi — February 18, 2009 @ 11:01 am

I LOVE SALMON! they are soooo good! haha. More for you the better right? :P

2. Comment by mina mong — February 18, 2009 @ 2:29 pm

I like to eat fish especial salmon fish. But there are expense

3. Comment by flora — February 18, 2009 @ 7:30 pm

i love salmon they r sooo good.i love all sorts of fishes i make lemon n pepper sauce to dip it in soo good heheh

4. Comment by Sandra Lee — February 18, 2009 @ 8:17 pm

My favorite fish is salmon, LOVE IT
    I love for a plate of char kway teow too.

5. Comment by queen c — February 18, 2009 @ 9:36 pm

i hate fish.. i am the only asian that does not eat fish ..

6. Comment by queen c — February 18, 2009 @ 9:40 pm

yes yes.. i am a weird asian..

7. Comment by Yenny — February 19, 2009 @ 2:34 am

Mamabok… i’ve just tried making this smoked salmon with avocado salsa the other day, and it was delicious. if you want to give it a try to, you can find the recipe here: http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Smoked-Salmon-with-Avocado-Salsa-and-Prawns-L87.html

8. Comment by laila — February 19, 2009 @ 3:58 am

I have seen almost the same smoked salmon u shown in KL. but expensive eh.
    we usually go for Japanses buffer dinner where u can enjoy eating salmon fish.

9. Comment by Rebecca — February 19, 2009 @ 5:11 am

I totally miss the penang style char kway teow and ipoh hor fun from Holland Village. Yummy!

10. Comment by Tsuchiyama — February 19, 2009 @ 7:09 am

Hi Mama Bok. I love salmon the best.I think Canada and Norway salmons are the best. No doubt I am a Japanese, I was brought up in foreign countries during my childhood, thus I do not like all raw fish. I love char kway teow and another dish like char kway teow. Sorry,I do not know how to pronounce the dish name.I think is fried radish with chilli , eggs and prawns. (maybe pronounce as char tou kway )
    Singapore is a food paradise. I really love this place.
    Thanks for all the upoloading, Mama Bok.

11. Comment by uj — February 19, 2009 @ 12:48 pm

Penang Char Koey Teow!!!! Pls donch tell me u miss SG’s Char koey teow..HAHAHA

12. Comment by moonstruck child — February 19, 2009 @ 2:27 pm

mmm…smoked salmon! if only i was in a similar situation as you where the rest of my family won’t eat it!

13. Comment by whoisbaby — February 19, 2009 @ 5:28 pm

wah the salmon looks so fresh and delicious. can eat it as sashimi.

14. Comment by Anna — February 20, 2009 @ 7:38 am

wow! only $4.99?! That is so cheap!

15. Comment by huggs — March 9, 2009 @ 8:08 pm

that is very cheap!

16. Comment by tracy — April 8, 2009 @ 10:07 am

hihi, mama bok^.^ hapi birthday o~~ selamat harijadi, sheng ri kuai le,
    ALL birthday greeting from 75 countries~!!!

Afrikaans Veels geluk met jou verjaarsdag!
    Albanian Urime ditelindjen!
    Arabic Eid milaad saeed!
    Armenian Taredartzet shnorhavor!
    Austrian Ois guade winsch i dia zum Gbuadsdog!
    Basque (N. Spain) Zorionak!
    Bengali Shuvo Jonmodin!
    Brazil Parabéns a você
    Bulgarian Chestit Rojden Den!
    Cambodian Som owie nek mein aryouk yrinyu!
    Catalan Bon aniversari!
    Cantonese Sun Yat Fai Lok!
    Croatian Sretan Rodendan!
    Czech Vsechno nejlepsi k Tvym narozeninam!!
    Danish Tillykke med fodselsdagen!
    Dutch Van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!
    English Happy Birthday!
    Estonian Palju onne sunnipaevaks!
    Farsi Tavalodet Mobarak!
    Finnish Hyvaa syntymapaivaa!
    French (Canada) Bonne Fete!
    French Joyeux Anniversaire!
    Gaelic (Irish) Lá breithe mhaith agat!
    Gaelic (Scottish) Co` latha breith sona dhuibh!
    Galician (Spain) Ledicia no teu cumpreanos!
    Georgian Gilotcav dabadebis dges!
    German Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
    Greek Eytyxismena Genethlia! or Chronia Pola!
    Greenlandic Inuuinni pilluarit!
    Hawaiian Hau`oli la hanau!
    Hebrew Yom Huledet Same’ach!
    Hindi (India) Janam Din ki badhai!
    Hungarian Boldog szuletesnapot! or Isten eltessen!
    Icelandic Til hamingju med afmaelisdaginn!
    Indonesian Selamat Ulang Tahun!
    Italian Buon Compleanno!
    Japanese Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu!
    Korean Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da!
    Kurdish Rojbun a te piroz be!
    Latin Fortuna dies natalis!
    Latvian Daudz laimes dzimsanas diena!
    Luxembourgeois Vill Gleck fir daei Geburtsdaag!
    Mandarin qu ni sheng er kuai le
    Macedonian Sreken roden den!
    Malaysian Selamat Hari Jadi!
    Maltese Nifrahlek ghal gheluq sninek!
    Mongolian Torson odriin mend hurgee!
    Navajo bil hoozho bi’dizhchi-neeji’ ‘aneilkaah!
    Nepali Janma dhin ko Subha kamana!
    Norwegian Gratulerer med dagen!
    Pashtun (Afghanistan) Padayish rawaz day unbaraksha!
    Persian Tavalodet Mobarak!
    Polish Wszystkiego Najlepszego!
    Portuguese(Brazil) Parabens pelo seu aniversario!
    Portuguese Feliz Aniversario! or Parabens!
    Punjabi (India) Janam din diyan wadhayian!
    Romanian La Multi Ani!
    Russian S dniom razhdjenia!
    Samoan Manuia lou aso fanau!
    Serbian Srecan Rodjendan!
    Slovak Vsetko najlepsie k narodeninam!
    Slovene Vse najboljse za rojstni dan!
    Spanish Feliz Cumpleaños!
    Sri Lankan Suba Upan dinayak vewa!
    Sundanese Wilujeng Tepang Taun!
    Surinam Mi fresteri ju!
    Swahili Hongera! or Heri ya Siku kuu!
    Swedish Grattis på födelsedagen
    Taiwanese San leaz quiet lo!
    Thai Suk San Wan Keut!
    Tibetan Droonkher Tashi Delek!
    Turkish Dogum gunun kutlu olsun!
    Ukrainian Mnohiya lita!
    Vietnamese Chuc Mung Sinh Nhat!
    Welsh Penblwydd Hapus i Chi!
    Yiddish A Freilekhn Gebortstog!
    Zulu Ilanga elimndandi kuwe!

17. Comment by bunessa — April 8, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

my family and i us to always get this from superstore for my mummie =D god times good times

18. Comment by Stephanie — April 9, 2009 @ 5:47 am

salmon is one of my favorite fishes. tons of omgea 3 and so simple to make.