Hot Plate Egg Tofu With Minced Chicken

Posted by mamabok | Food From Home,Health | Thursday 12 March 2009 2:46 pm

photo credit :

I missed a lot of different food from home .. but the above hot plate egg tofu with minced chicken has gotta one that is not only healthy .. but worthy to be eaten on a daily basis.  Back home there is a coffee shop near where i lived that is great at cooking this.  Underneath the hot plate is a layer of eats.. and on top of the egg tofu were minced chicken.  The egg tofu is lightly covered with flour and as they bring it out from the kitchen.. it continues to cook for a few seconds.. and you eat it hot and healthy.  I can’t find this kinda hot plate here in Canada.. and I would for sure.. if i see one and make some healthy tofu for me and my brat.  We both love tofu.   What about you ..??  can you eat as much tofu as we do..??

1. Comment by Pinky-x — March 16, 2009 @ 4:35 pm

im not a big fan of tofu but i do usually eat a lot of it while having a hotpot/steamboat … its to fill me up so i won’t end up eating too much meat lol!

2. Comment by mui — March 16, 2009 @ 7:13 pm

<3 tofu!! i’ve never actually had the dish that you mentioned.. now i have to go try it!!

i have it all the time.. even if its just pan seared or steaming the soft kind with some minced meat,soy sauce and toppings!! i also like when tofu is stuffed with things like fish paste and fried. my favorite is “tofu fah” the dessert?? MmMM soo good!

3. Comment by Kitty — March 16, 2009 @ 8:02 pm

that looks delicious! i love tofu (the really soft and smooth ones) lol

4. Comment by Cass — March 16, 2009 @ 9:02 pm

Ohhh, that looks so good. We have the egg tofu here (Hawaii), but I’ve only had it in hot pot or steamed, not the way you’ve eaten.

5. Comment by Lina — March 16, 2009 @ 9:39 pm

Egg tofu cook in hotplate style is my fave! Some cook it in ‘claypot’ style with seafood ie clams, prawns, etc. n nice gravy …whooohhh shiok! My whole family LOVES tofu n it’s a MUST we have them @ least once a week in our dinner menu (cooked in different style)

6. Comment by pk — March 16, 2009 @ 10:55 pm

Tofu with minced meat is my favourite. The secret is ..SALTY (tasty), SIZZLING (hot) n OILY (smooth). Lots of pepper also help…mom used to cook

7. Comment by Shan — March 16, 2009 @ 11:13 pm

yea right! i tried it and i love it!!!,

8. Comment by cs — March 17, 2009 @ 12:29 am

One of my favourite tofu dish is silky tofu with salty fish, and sprinkle some green onions on top. Or just make Japanese bean paste soup (red or white), add water, seaweed, sliced tofu and mushrooms.

9. Comment by flora — March 17, 2009 @ 2:24 am

tofu is okay not bad i like it with black bean sauce with scallopz n shrimpz is good

10. Comment by Laura — March 17, 2009 @ 3:26 am

I love tofu!!!! I like pretty much anything that’s cooked with tofu!

11. Comment by Eunice — March 17, 2009 @ 6:33 am

I like to eat many kids of foods. Since i been at here, no matter for the soul or the real food i m so appreciate that you really make me so happy while having the “FOOD”.
    It looks so delicious when i m still working but i already feel hungry & so missing my mum’s cooking. Tell you, i m a cook learner at home for my kids . Hehe…so glad to MEET you! Keep on moving, i m always support you at the other corner of this world.

12. Comment by Eunice — March 17, 2009 @ 6:35 am

This is one of my favourite food. The hot plate TOFU…….

13. Comment by snow — March 17, 2009 @ 8:48 pm

I prefer chinese type white or fried tofu than egg tofu. most of all i miss ‘tau fu fah’ with a little bit of ginger in brown sugar syrup. no chance of getting getting tau fu fah where I am now unless I go DIY. sigh….

14. Comment by Jennifer — March 17, 2009 @ 11:24 pm

This dish looks simply amazing. -drools- Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures and videos of food!!

15. Comment by 8 poh — March 17, 2009 @ 11:51 pm

I love tofu and it goes well with mushroom too. Thanks for the videos.

16. Comment by xbabiex — March 18, 2009 @ 4:46 pm

This dish looks so delicious!
    I love tofu! also soy bean drinks :)
    my favourite dish is mapo tofu. I should learn how to make it one day!

17. Comment by seam — March 18, 2009 @ 6:47 pm

If my daily meals consist of just tofu, I’m just as happy. Huge fan. It’s great on its own and complements well with other ingredients. One of God’s greatest creation!!!

18. Comment by queen c — March 18, 2009 @ 7:02 pm

thanks mama bokkkkkkkkkkk

19. Comment by queen c — March 18, 2009 @ 7:03 pm

YOUR THE BEST

20. Comment by queen c — March 18, 2009 @ 7:03 pm

thanks for all your hard workkkk!!

21. Comment by Elly — March 19, 2009 @ 1:12 am

I love tofu very much and my bf too. I much prefer to cook myself cause if eat outside(china town @ london), it’s taste very different from my hometown style(malaysia).

22. Comment by karen — March 19, 2009 @ 1:18 am

i love tofu…sizzling tofu wif minced meat is delicious, i use to eat tofu, but also i get increase in my urine acid..hahaha…but still i love tofu…..tis hot plate tofu looks nice…..

23. Comment by michelle — March 31, 2009 @ 3:21 pm

looks yummyyyy! :D

24. Comment by jeansco — April 2, 2009 @ 12:13 am

that looks super good! i love tofu cooked in really rich sauces or fried tofu!

25. Comment by Ellie — April 4, 2009 @ 10:37 pm

looks so yummi, i’ve never seen it in chinese restaurants. is it a chinese dish?

26. Comment by tracy — April 8, 2009 @ 8:36 am

hihi, mama bok^.^ hapi birthday o~~ selamat harijadi, sheng ri kuai le,
    ALL birthday greeting from 75 countries~!!!

Afrikaans Veels geluk met jou verjaarsdag!
    Albanian Urime ditelindjen!
    Arabic Eid milaad saeed!
    Armenian Taredartzet shnorhavor!
    Austrian Ois guade winsch i dia zum Gbuadsdog!
    Basque (N. Spain) Zorionak!
    Bengali Shuvo Jonmodin!
    Brazil Parabéns a você
    Bulgarian Chestit Rojden Den!
    Cambodian Som owie nek mein aryouk yrinyu!
    Catalan Bon aniversari!
    Cantonese Sun Yat Fai Lok!
    Croatian Sretan Rodendan!
    Czech Vsechno nejlepsi k Tvym narozeninam!!
    Danish Tillykke med fodselsdagen!
    Dutch Van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!
    English Happy Birthday!
    Estonian Palju onne sunnipaevaks!
    Farsi Tavalodet Mobarak!
    Finnish Hyvaa syntymapaivaa!
    French (Canada) Bonne Fete!
    French Joyeux Anniversaire!
    Gaelic (Irish) Lá breithe mhaith agat!
    Gaelic (Scottish) Co` latha breith sona dhuibh!
    Galician (Spain) Ledicia no teu cumpreanos!
    Georgian Gilotcav dabadebis dges!
    German Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
    Greek Eytyxismena Genethlia! or Chronia Pola!
    Greenlandic Inuuinni pilluarit!
    Hawaiian Hau`oli la hanau!
    Hebrew Yom Huledet Same’ach!
    Hindi (India) Janam Din ki badhai!
    Hungarian Boldog szuletesnapot! or Isten eltessen!
    Icelandic Til hamingju med afmaelisdaginn!
    Indonesian Selamat Ulang Tahun!
    Italian Buon Compleanno!
    Japanese Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu!
    Korean Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da!
    Kurdish Rojbun a te piroz be!
    Latin Fortuna dies natalis!
    Latvian Daudz laimes dzimsanas diena!
    Luxembourgeois Vill Gleck fir daei Geburtsdaag!
    Mandarin qu ni sheng er kuai le
    Macedonian Sreken roden den!
    Malaysian Selamat Hari Jadi!
    Maltese Nifrahlek ghal gheluq sninek!
    Mongolian Torson odriin mend hurgee!
    Navajo bil hoozho bi’dizhchi-neeji’ ‘aneilkaah!
    Nepali Janma dhin ko Subha kamana!
    Norwegian Gratulerer med dagen!
    Pashtun (Afghanistan) Padayish rawaz day unbaraksha!
    Persian Tavalodet Mobarak!
    Polish Wszystkiego Najlepszego!
    Portuguese(Brazil) Parabens pelo seu aniversario!
    Portuguese Feliz Aniversario! or Parabens!
    Punjabi (India) Janam din diyan wadhayian!
    Romanian La Multi Ani!
    Russian S dniom razhdjenia!
    Samoan Manuia lou aso fanau!
    Serbian Srecan Rodjendan!
    Slovak Vsetko najlepsie k narodeninam!
    Slovene Vse najboljse za rojstni dan!
    Spanish Feliz Cumpleaños!
    Sri Lankan Suba Upan dinayak vewa!
    Sundanese Wilujeng Tepang Taun!
    Surinam Mi fresteri ju!
    Swahili Hongera! or Heri ya Siku kuu!
    Swedish Grattis på födelsedagen
    Taiwanese San leaz quiet lo!
    Thai Suk San Wan Keut!
    Tibetan Droonkher Tashi Delek!
    Turkish Dogum gunun kutlu olsun!
    Ukrainian Mnohiya lita!
    Vietnamese Chuc Mung Sinh Nhat!
    Welsh Penblwydd Hapus i Chi!
    Yiddish A Freilekhn Gebortstog!
    Zulu Ilanga elimndandi kuwe!

27. Comment by bunessa — April 8, 2009 @ 4:04 pm

ohhh i love tofu!!!!!!!!!!

especially mapo tofu!!!

28. Comment by Stephanie — April 9, 2009 @ 5:39 am

Tofu sounds good right about now.

29. Comment by Stephanie — April 11, 2009 @ 5:16 pm

Cute story…

30. Comment by tracy — August 17, 2009 @ 11:00 pm

i love tofu alot!! nice food … yummy!!

31. Comment by FotoosVanRobin — October 9, 2010 @ 6:45 am

Hi Bochupu. I’m happy to see you think my egg-tofu dish looks yummie, but could you please add the photocredits to FotoosVanRobin with a link back to the original photo at http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoosvanrobin/2221614050/