Prima Taste Char Kway Teow

Posted by mamabok | Chinese,Condiments/Ingredients,Cooking,Food From Home | Wednesday 11 March 2009 4:23 pm

I really missed char kway teow from home.  I’ve been trying to buy them online.. but haven’t been lucky so far.  I’ve also tried to get the “ang moh’s” cousin in Brampton to lookout for it for me.. but still no luck.  It has been 9 yrs since i last ate char kway teow.  I’ve had Prima Taste Laksa, mee siam and also chicken rice before… and all due to the kindness of various bloggers.. i’ve met online.

So here’s what i am asking help from.  If anyone can find the above.. and mail it to me.. i’ll be glad to reimburse you thru’ paypal .. for food and postage.  I don’t need a lot just one or two packs for now.  Please leave comment/s and let me know eh.  Many thanks.. but definitely no obligations.

For the benefit of those who donch know what Char Kway Teow looks like, here it is.  With See hum it’s the best thing on earth.. and lots of lard please. I’ll even give up all my white gold rings for a plate of CKT.

1. Comment by bbcakes — March 11, 2009 @ 5:13 pm

i LOVE this one! It’s really good!! =) I will post this to you! Please send me your address via e-mail. The chicken rice is also one of my favourites!

2. Comment by Lynne — March 11, 2009 @ 10:07 pm

Hi hi email me your address, I sent you lah :)

3. Comment by Lina — March 12, 2009 @ 12:22 am

No worries mama, i’ll include this on ur ‘shopping list’ :-)

4. Comment by flora — March 12, 2009 @ 1:41 am

Prima Taste Char Kway Teow. i haven’t try this is it good the picture of da char kway teow lookz spicy cuz of da red color hehe is it spicy

5. Comment by wendy — March 12, 2009 @ 1:52 am

you must be from southeast asia….I miss a lot of the authentic m’sian food. We have people from Brunei here that will sell their home made kolo mee but I still can’t find a good nasi lemak here.

6. Comment by Lina — March 12, 2009 @ 4:26 am

Mama, manage to get u the Curry Chicken n Mee Siam (Prima Taste), once i get Laksa n Char Kway Teow, i’ll mail it over to u. Laksa very ‘luck gu’ everywhere out of stock :-)

7. Comment by letti — March 12, 2009 @ 10:41 am

wow, i didn’t know there’s a char kway teow kit around. I’ll have to see if i can find it online somewhere… otherwise kempunan like crazy :)

8. Comment by bbcakes — March 12, 2009 @ 11:12 am

there is also beef rendang!

9. Comment by roro — March 12, 2009 @ 1:03 pm

mama, do you know about the food show with Kathy Chow Man Kei in it?
    if so, do you think you can get it up? please please?

10. Comment by queen c — March 12, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

hello mama bok!!

11. Comment by Nan — March 12, 2009 @ 5:36 pm

Hi
    does anyone have a good recipe for ???(gen dan jai)? I love that stuff!

12. Comment by mina mong — March 12, 2009 @ 7:42 pm

Hi Mama Bok I log on your food blog everyday. I love your food blog

13. Comment by Ellen — March 12, 2009 @ 8:23 pm

Hi Mama Bok,
    I just went through your blog reading your entries and looking at all the pictures of yummy food! You always make me hungry. I love your blog… please post more pictures of your own food… and recipes too if you have a chance. I am married to a non-Asian and was never really a great cook. I didn’t even like Asian food that much until now that it’s not so easy to get. Chinese take-out does not count! YUCK!! You are such a good cook… you have to give me some pointers. =)

14. Comment by 8 poh — March 12, 2009 @ 8:25 pm

I have not try char kway teow. Would like to try it. How does it taste. Can someone tell me what does it look like? Think noodle, rice noodle, fat noodle or ?? From the picture I cant tell. Thanks

15. Comment by Jessica Yee — March 12, 2009 @ 8:45 pm

heyyyy,
    i’m also one of those ppl who loveeee food. just i don’t know how to cook as well as u do! you should really give me some ideas and advices. XD thanks for posting these easy to read and follow recipes, when i get to touch the stove, i will try them =)! but for now, i ask my mom to cook. XD

16. Comment by ada — March 13, 2009 @ 9:49 am

Char Kway Teow is thick rice noodles, with beansprouts, green onions, beef, soy sauce, and curry spices. I haven’t made it myself but unlike Mama Bok, I have the luxury of getting Asian food very easily in Toronto. I haven’t tried these pre-packed ones. I will go to the supermarket to look for them. If you still need a supply please let me know Mama Bok!

17. Comment by Michele — March 13, 2009 @ 1:03 pm

Hmmm…based on the looks of this, I feel like I’ve had it before. Looks good nonetheless. Can you tell me what ingredients go into the tempura batter?

Also, is there any way you can post episodes of Bridget’s Sexiest Beaches? I don’t have cable so it’s hard for me to catch.

Thanks for all your help.

18. Comment by Melissa — March 13, 2009 @ 5:40 pm

Hi there,

I just happened to stumbled upon your blog. I am living overseas and I really understand how you feel about not being able to eat char kway teow because is my favorite food. I am not sure where you can get that char kway teow mix but then my question is if you are going to fry it why don’t you do it from scratch. I’ve tried it several times and honestly is really and easy process and it is not difficult at all to make it. I use my cast iron pan too so it’s all seared with flavors not like the once at the hawker stalls but then honestly is still really good.I have a few links of people that I learn how to make the kway teow and the process of cooking it if you want. :)

19. Comment by Betsy — March 13, 2009 @ 10:59 pm

that look so good!! i will go this week to see if they have this char kway teow kit and if i find it i will definitely mail to u. i have to say i really enjoy your food blog, your personal blog and ur brat’s blog=) also, thanks mama bok for all ur hard work with the videos and movies.

20. Comment by wei — March 14, 2009 @ 5:33 am

wow… i didn’t know they have a meal kit for char kueh teow… I need to go look for it now….

21. Comment by BabyMomma — March 14, 2009 @ 12:54 pm

Wow..never knew this kit exist! MaMa..Could you plz send me your mailing add?? I will send you some Asian goodies from Toronto!

22. Comment by steven marvel — March 14, 2009 @ 12:56 pm

hmm, the best char kueh teow I know are those from Penang, they’re so hot, with all the chille , your ears turn red and tears form in your eyes after tucking them in. You gotta eat it to believe it. Plenty of cockles, tau geh, and even chinese “lap chheong too”! A lot of copy cat stalls in K.L. claim to be frying Penang char kueh teow, but just not as good.
    If you’re in Malaysia, don’t miss them.

23. Comment by snow — March 14, 2009 @ 6:07 pm

oh yummy…i’m hungry again looking at those pictures. really miss char keuh teow.

24. Comment by Shannon — March 14, 2009 @ 6:56 pm

mama – i know what you mean about missing real asian food. when i lived in pittsburgh, pa, there was NO real asian food. but we were still lucky enough to have a couple of places that were close. sounds like where you are is really remote though, poor girl!! send me your address and i’ll send you some stuff from sunny california!

25. Comment by Coldlive — March 14, 2009 @ 9:54 pm

Yummy, this brand also have Curry Laksa which is worth trying.

26. Comment by kk — March 15, 2009 @ 7:29 am

This looks good, i can’t seem to find it in the asian grocery stores though.. Yummy!!

27. Comment by Meow Meow — March 15, 2009 @ 7:34 am

THanks Mamabok…

This Brand Chicken rice is the best ^_^ You should try it out.. Yum Yum ~

28. Comment by Rachel — March 15, 2009 @ 10:59 am

Hey ya, Is this Prima taste brand really good? They sell this in UK as well. My friends say is good..Hmm i might consider to get it……OH ya thanks alot for your post on those movies..it is amazing XOXO

29. Comment by Interdance — March 15, 2009 @ 11:31 am

Mama Bok,
    I going to Hong Kong at the end of May to take wedding pictures. If I find the (Char Kueh Teow), I send it to you.

Is there anything you want from Hong Kong? Let me know.

-Julie (Interdance)

30. Comment by etceteramommy — March 15, 2009 @ 11:31 am

I’m npt sure I have seen Char Kuey Teow but others like Laksa, Rendang, Bak Kut Teh, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Satay all got. You like them? I’ll keep an eye on CharKueyTeow. Meanwhile, can you email me your add? I’ll post them to you if I manage to find them :D

31. Comment by Henry — March 15, 2009 @ 5:11 pm

Omg i buy the hainanese chicken rice from London.. It is delicious. I miss Malaysia.. I bet u do too.. All these food helps us remember home and brings us closer to home even though we are on the other side of the world.

32. Comment by seam — March 15, 2009 @ 5:55 pm

Didn’t know it exist. Checked online. Found out that it is sold in London too. Will find out if my friend from M’sia is able to get them. Cheaper from home lol.

33. Comment by Yenny — March 15, 2009 @ 9:28 pm

Hey mamabok..

i will try to look out for you.. are u only after the “prima taste” brand or any other brand will do? can you please email me your addy?

34. Comment by Leti — March 15, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

thanks very much! i know words dont mean anything, but i deeply respect and appreciate all the work you have done.

35. Comment by leanne — March 16, 2009 @ 1:47 am

Hi Mama Bok,
    Living in South Korea is I think very much like living in Nova Scotia. I haven’t seen the likes of M’sian food for 6 months now. Can someone tell me where I can buy those Chicken rice, laksa paste etc online? or a restaurant in Seoul. I think a restaurant is good. So difficult to get ingredients here. When I was ill in the winter, I was so craving for some of the yummy food we get back in Melb. Not even a bottle of vegemite here.

36. Comment by Jessica — March 16, 2009 @ 11:47 am

I like your blog very much and looking at those food “lui how sui” I am not a good cook like you but still learning from you. Over here there is a Chinese store about 30 min.drive they don’t carry all those stuff that you mention (a small Vietnam shop so if you gave me your address i will send you a couple of ‘Char Siu” marinated package sauce, after marinated for a few hours you just fry it up on the wok until brown color, use fillet pork) Thanks so much for everything you done for us…good Chinese show that we all misses from home!! I know how is it like to married so far away….we are all on the same boat!! so we all must support each other lah. “Kar Yew” (add oil) terima kasih
    Jessica

37. Comment by dylan — March 17, 2009 @ 1:31 am

i been living in canada for 1.5 years. i do miss char koay teow as well…i understand how you feel..even worse after 9 years..anyway i appreciate what you have done to your blog..love your movies and dramas…keep them rolling..

thanks..

38. Comment by Sue Sue — March 17, 2009 @ 5:33 am

Mama Bok, send me your address and I’ll mail you this Char Kuay Teow pack! I just saw it at the supermart!

39. Comment by aurora — March 17, 2009 @ 9:29 am

Hi
    Thanks for the all the nice shows.I like to DIY too. Char koay teow is the food i missed most when i was away from M’sia. Enjoying ur blog and drama.

40. Comment by Kyoko — March 17, 2009 @ 7:38 pm

Hi
    I would like to get some of this Char Koay Teow.
    My sister lives in Kentucky and married to an Ang Moh. I know she would love some too.
    Is there anyway I can find out how much these things costs and if I can order?

Thanks!
    P.S. Just looking at them pictures makes me hungry. I missed my char koay teow….

41. Comment by jess — March 17, 2009 @ 9:15 pm

the ep 11 is wrong. can you please look into it?

42. Comment by 8 poh — March 18, 2009 @ 1:51 am

Mmmm! this looks so yummy and I want to try some right now. Thank for the uploading. I am going to look for the package.

43. Comment by hello — March 18, 2009 @ 10:54 am

can buy online including international delivery at this website: http://onlinestore.prima.com.sg/onlinestore/onlinestore.asp

44. Comment by katty — March 18, 2009 @ 7:40 pm

hey what happen to ep 20 on the trimming success, pls. have it uploaded asap, thank you. appreciated for all the work you done here, without you, we wouldn’t have free show to watch. some other website is so dumb, they block most of the HK tv series..hate that…

45. Comment by Mikey — March 22, 2009 @ 1:50 am

Thanks for the Uploads… Its really enjoyable, I have a question about trimming success, its missing ep 11 is it possible if you can post it up

Sorry about the mess up.. and thanks for letting me know. It’s fixed now.. enjoy..!

mama bok

46. Comment by kas — March 22, 2009 @ 5:28 am

would you like prima hainanese chicken rice? :)

47. Comment by love me dont hurt — March 27, 2009 @ 1:53 am

too bad im so far away… or i will definfitely post u some since they rnt expensive at all.. ill ask my cousin in canada to keep an eye out or something

48. Pingback by Ice Cube Junkie » More Good Food & Awesome Person — March 27, 2009 @ 2:24 pm

[…] few weeks ago, I had appealed to the readers here to find me some Char Kway Teow because i missed home so much.   And guess what came in the mail, a few days ago..???  Yes..!!! […]

49. Comment by tracy — April 8, 2009 @ 8:39 am

hihi, mama bok^.^ hapi birthday o~~ selamat harijadi, sheng ri kuai le,
    ALL birthday greeting from 75 countries~!!!

Afrikaans Veels geluk met jou verjaarsdag!
    Albanian Urime ditelindjen!
    Arabic Eid milaad saeed!
    Armenian Taredartzet shnorhavor!
    Austrian Ois guade winsch i dia zum Gbuadsdog!
    Basque (N. Spain) Zorionak!
    Bengali Shuvo Jonmodin!
    Brazil Parabéns a você
    Bulgarian Chestit Rojden Den!
    Cambodian Som owie nek mein aryouk yrinyu!
    Catalan Bon aniversari!
    Cantonese Sun Yat Fai Lok!
    Croatian Sretan Rodendan!
    Czech Vsechno nejlepsi k Tvym narozeninam!!
    Danish Tillykke med fodselsdagen!
    Dutch Van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!
    English Happy Birthday!
    Estonian Palju onne sunnipaevaks!
    Farsi Tavalodet Mobarak!
    Finnish Hyvaa syntymapaivaa!
    French (Canada) Bonne Fete!
    French Joyeux Anniversaire!
    Gaelic (Irish) Lá breithe mhaith agat!
    Gaelic (Scottish) Co` latha breith sona dhuibh!
    Galician (Spain) Ledicia no teu cumpreanos!
    Georgian Gilotcav dabadebis dges!
    German Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
    Greek Eytyxismena Genethlia! or Chronia Pola!
    Greenlandic Inuuinni pilluarit!
    Hawaiian Hau`oli la hanau!
    Hebrew Yom Huledet Same’ach!
    Hindi (India) Janam Din ki badhai!
    Hungarian Boldog szuletesnapot! or Isten eltessen!
    Icelandic Til hamingju med afmaelisdaginn!
    Indonesian Selamat Ulang Tahun!
    Italian Buon Compleanno!
    Japanese Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu!
    Korean Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da!
    Kurdish Rojbun a te piroz be!
    Latin Fortuna dies natalis!
    Latvian Daudz laimes dzimsanas diena!
    Luxembourgeois Vill Gleck fir daei Geburtsdaag!
    Mandarin qu ni sheng er kuai le
    Macedonian Sreken roden den!
    Malaysian Selamat Hari Jadi!
    Maltese Nifrahlek ghal gheluq sninek!
    Mongolian Torson odriin mend hurgee!
    Navajo bil hoozho bi’dizhchi-neeji’ ‘aneilkaah!
    Nepali Janma dhin ko Subha kamana!
    Norwegian Gratulerer med dagen!
    Pashtun (Afghanistan) Padayish rawaz day unbaraksha!
    Persian Tavalodet Mobarak!
    Polish Wszystkiego Najlepszego!
    Portuguese(Brazil) Parabens pelo seu aniversario!
    Portuguese Feliz Aniversario! or Parabens!
    Punjabi (India) Janam din diyan wadhayian!
    Romanian La Multi Ani!
    Russian S dniom razhdjenia!
    Samoan Manuia lou aso fanau!
    Serbian Srecan Rodjendan!
    Slovak Vsetko najlepsie k narodeninam!
    Slovene Vse najboljse za rojstni dan!
    Spanish Feliz Cumpleaños!
    Sri Lankan Suba Upan dinayak vewa!
    Sundanese Wilujeng Tepang Taun!
    Surinam Mi fresteri ju!
    Swahili Hongera! or Heri ya Siku kuu!
    Swedish Grattis på födelsedagen
    Taiwanese San leaz quiet lo!
    Thai Suk San Wan Keut!
    Tibetan Droonkher Tashi Delek!
    Turkish Dogum gunun kutlu olsun!
    Ukrainian Mnohiya lita!
    Vietnamese Chuc Mung Sinh Nhat!
    Welsh Penblwydd Hapus i Chi!
    Yiddish A Freilekhn Gebortstog!
    Zulu Ilanga elimndandi kuwe!

50. Comment by bunessa — April 8, 2009 @ 3:52 pm

hmmmm i’ve never tried this before…
    tempting