Stir Fry Vegies

Posted by mamabok | Awesome,Cooking,My Musing,Vegies | Thursday 28 May 2009 12:55 pm

Mr Choo had given me some vegies about a week ago, I think that it is because I had given him a box of home grown baby bok choi from Chloe’s grampie’s garden, so it is his way of thanking me.  Everyone knows that I love vegies.. and I always try and eat them all if i can – in fact in one sitting.

Vegies are so easy to cook – stir frying them.. with a little garlic and stir fry sauce is all that is needed.  Unfortunately hor .. this vegie from Mr Choo .. had to be chewed properly .. unlike the ones that Chloe’s grampie grows for me.  But it could be because i kept it for so long before cooking them.

Perfect meal .. for a perfect day .. and a perfect person.. muahahahah!!! so thick skin hor I.

Wats New Today ?!?

1. Comment by Mei — May 29, 2009 @ 5:51 pm

What type of choi is this? “Choi Sum”? I love “guy lan” Chinese broccoli. It has a bitter taste to it. Yum!

2. Comment by tsuchiyama — May 30, 2009 @ 12:08 am

Looks delicious. Ya, almost all green vegetables would taste good when fried with garlic or oyster sauce.Thanks for the uploading MB.

3. Comment by ilovetvb — May 30, 2009 @ 12:46 am

I agree that vegetables are the best. I include vegetables in each meal. For broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, I just steam or blanch them and sprinkle some salt on it. For spinach, I cook in down and squeeze all the water out and toss with garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce. For Choy sum, Chinese broccoli, Baby Mustard green, I stir fry with ginger, garlic and soy sauce. It is so simple to add vegetables to your meal. They are delicious and simple to prepare.

4. Comment by Lina — May 30, 2009 @ 2:23 am

Looks nice! Taste good too i’m sure!

My son n I have completely different preference on vegetables. He prefers all sorts which is leafy ones ie, Choi Sum, Por Choi, Yuen Choi, Kai Lan, Tou Miu etc whereas i prefer crunchy ones like Broccoli, Aparagus, Cauliflower. Hubby no preference, any veg also eat.

5. Comment by bunessa — May 30, 2009 @ 1:25 pm

ohhh that looks so good!
    it’s so green and shiny!! looks so healthy!
    …i’m so hungry =[

ps. thank you for sharing

6. Comment by xbabiex — May 31, 2009 @ 1:51 am

mmm looks healthy!

7. Comment by keen — May 31, 2009 @ 10:46 am

Yeah it is “Choi Sum” I guess. Yummy…

8. Comment by shirleyloo — June 2, 2009 @ 1:59 am

haha…choy sum must be lah coz i just stir fried them oso last nite.. with prawns.. my husband loves choy sum .. can eat everyday same vege oso no problem de… for me im more like Lina’s son… any leafy vege will do haha