Fried Rice & Mushroom Foo Yong Eggs

Posted by mamabok | Canadian,Chinese,Food Review,My Musing | Thursday 18 June 2009 10:07 am

I was in the mood for something simple.. so i called dear Mr Zhu up for some fried rice.. and foo yong eggs.  But i wanted something simple.. no prawns.. as offered by Mr Zhu in the eggs.. just plain mushrooms.  This is by far the best fried rice that Mr Zhu cooked.. and i definitely ate all of it.. but the eggs had some char siew in it too.  Awesome!!  Thanks.. Mr Zhu..!!  and he didn’t take my money again.. for the fried rice..  so embarrassing lah.

This is Jessica, Mr Zhu’s daughter.. playing at our store.. she is so smart.. and so cute right..??

A Bride For A Ride (New TVB Show – 13 July 2009

1. Comment by Michele — June 19, 2009 @ 12:53 pm

That looks really good. Maybe, that’ll be the next dish I make. Guess I need some bbq pork then.

2. Comment by Pandora — June 19, 2009 @ 1:03 pm

she is so adorable. wow you guys have a lot of gamecubes.

3. Comment by Mei — June 19, 2009 @ 2:52 pm

Aww, Mr Zhu is so nice and his daughter is cute! My mum gets free buns from a Chinese bakery if the owner thinks they can’t sell or if she buys a lot. And sometimes we get discounts at a fruit stall. Being a regular customer is important… So don’t refuse free food!

Love egg foo yong too!

4. Comment by tsuchiyama — June 19, 2009 @ 11:49 pm

Mr Zhu daughter is a pretty gal. I like the foo young egg. But the fried rice I ate in HK or Singapore were yellowish in color .MB, Chinese proverb, At home we depend on our parent but when we were outside we depend on our friends. Mr Zhu is a live example.
    Lina, I got ur mail liao. Thank you. You are definetly a friend indeed. Your kindness will not be forgotten.

5. Comment by Uj — June 20, 2009 @ 1:26 am

Hi MB, is that the drum sets for Wii ??? Btw, do u sell Wii products in your shop? Wanted to get a Wii balance board.. but it’s kinda expensive. Mind to let me know the “distributor” price? Hihih…. some shops in SG are offering S$99 (just the board without the Yoga DVD). If it’s with the DVD, it cost like S$170+.

How bout the drum sets, price?

Hey .. Uj,
    nope.. those are not for Wii .. those are for a 360 and a PS3 – at $40 each.
    The Wii stuff are still quite hard to get even here always outta stock. i asked
    ang moh . .he said.. he can’t remember off hand.
    mb

6. Comment by Charming — June 20, 2009 @ 5:16 am

Jan, you are so lucky. Someone to cook your favourite food…. The fried rice and egg omelette looks so yummy.

7. Comment by Lina — June 20, 2009 @ 10:52 am

Looks good. I like eggs, be it sunny side up, hard boil, half boil, scramble, fried, omelette…hence any kinda eggs to compliment any dish will make it MORE delicious n yummy.

Jessica is indeed cute.

8. Comment by shirleyloo — June 22, 2009 @ 8:14 am

she’s indeed look sweet eh… ;-) hmm char siew with egg huh?? 1st time!

9. Comment by keen — June 22, 2009 @ 8:29 am

I love fried rice too. I prefer the type that is fried with salted fish. It had no fishy smell because the fish is deep fried and it is also break into tiny pieces.

10. Comment by Ting Wei — July 6, 2009 @ 1:21 am

This is one of the most popular take out meal in Msia.
    Miss it much…