Organic Peas

Posted by mamabok | Awesome,Organic,The Brat,The Other Half,Vegies | Thursday 25 June 2009 7:12 pm

If there was anything healthy that Chloe loves best, it had to be organic peas from her Grampie’s garden.  She can’t get enough of it.. and she turns silly when she sees them.  After her school concert yesterday, her grampie had picked his first bag of peas .. this season.. and you should have seen the joy on her face.  Yes.. !  she was so happy.. and sunk her teeth into it immediately.

By the time we got home, she managed to bargain her way .. to let us have it for snack and she quickly sat on the floor and finished it up.  But you can’t really blame her.. coz’ her grampie’s pea are really the best.. and the sweetest.  Chloe wouldn’t eat cooked peas.. only those from her Grampie’s garden.  This year.. we’ll probably get her to pick them up herself…. muahahahha!!!

Chloe doesn’t hug her grampie enough.. but for peas.. she would do just about anything.. muahahahhaha!!!  For those who are around Nova Scotia.. drop by.. and pick your own peas.. and eat them on the spot.

Kung Fu Chefs – The Movie

1. Comment by Charming — June 26, 2009 @ 8:09 pm

I am sure those organic peas are the sweetest of them all. I love some too!

2. Comment by Pandora — June 26, 2009 @ 10:08 pm

chloe is so lucky to have such a nice grandfather. I would love to have fresh veggies all the time.

3. Comment by tsuchiyama — June 27, 2009 @ 1:09 am

Nice shot. The organic peas must be the world no 1 peas for little Chloe.

4. Comment by mommy to chumsy — June 27, 2009 @ 4:40 am

oh…how sweet. I want to try some of those organic peas too ;) Hey, Chloe looks so pretty with the pink hairband on her head. So she’s ok with hairbands and hairclips now?

5. Comment by kk — June 27, 2009 @ 6:32 am

This pic is so warm! I love snow peas too but we eat the outside as well coz it looks like from the pic that Chloe only eats the insides? Organic vegies are hard to come by here and unfortunately my local organic store closed it doors last week…

6. Comment by Mei — June 27, 2009 @ 7:41 am

Hmmm, never had raw peas before. But they must taste nice if Chloe is eating them!

7. Comment by Lina — June 27, 2009 @ 10:13 am

Hmmm…peas is as sweet as Chloe eh :-P

8. Comment by kokoro — June 27, 2009 @ 10:23 am

You’re so lucky that Chloe loves organic peas. Most kiddies would turn their little noses up at any greens. You’ve trained your daughter very well, MM. I would love to taste some of those fresh peas off the pods myself!

9. Comment by Lina — June 27, 2009 @ 12:11 pm

Peas is as sweet as Chloe :-P

10. Comment by ilovetvb — June 27, 2009 @ 12:14 pm

It’s not easy to get children to eat their peas. Luckily my boys love peas just like Chloe. My parents also have an organic vegetable garden in the summertime. So every summer I am lucky, I rarely buy any vegetables. They grow tomatoes, bitter melon, winter melon, squash, peppers, cucumbers, mint, basil, string beans, cherry tomatoes, see-gua, eggplants and more. They don’t have a big garden, but always have many variety of vegetables. They look forward to spring each year so that they can start to plant and grow their out vegetables. I wished I had a green thumb just like them, but unfortunately I don’t. I’ll try to take some pictures the next time I visit them and share with everyone.

11. Comment by Lina — June 27, 2009 @ 9:57 pm

Peas is as sweet as Chloe eh?

12. Comment by Frances — June 28, 2009 @ 3:45 am

i love sweet peas, they are one of my favorite vegies, luckily my family love them too, so we eat them quite often. Chloe is so adorable in her little summer dress:)

13. Comment by shirleyloo — June 29, 2009 @ 7:49 am

wow, i didnt know pea can be eaten raw hoho ;-) but those r organic so must be very clean n healthy …. chloe u really know wats best for ur tummy eh? ;-)