Papaya Dessert

Posted by mamabok | Awesome,Cakes/Desserts,Chinese,Food From Home,Fruits,My Musing | Friday 26 June 2009 1:43 am

Mr Zhu’s wife – Yen is such a sweetheart.. and quickly ran out from her restaurant to give me this papaya dessert .. a few weeks ago.  As you all know I’m diabetic.. so i had to eat them sparingly.  But the papaya were soft..and the syrup wasn’t too sweet.. just nice.. and it really reminded me of home.  The papaya’s color were awesome donch you think.  Bless her kind heart..!!

1. Comment by Lina — June 28, 2009 @ 3:50 am

Hey Jan, u’re so blessed with so many kind hearted ppl around u! From pix, it looks good n yummy :-P

2. Comment by tsuchiyama — June 28, 2009 @ 10:33 am

MB you are lucky to have nicefolks, The Zhu family by your side.
    I know what is papaya . I saw fruits hawker selling papaya in Singapore .But I do not dare to eat papaya because of the unique smell of papaya.

3. Comment by Alice — June 28, 2009 @ 12:29 pm

Wow papaya in Nova Scotia? Must be pretty X yah?

4. Comment by Pandora — June 28, 2009 @ 1:05 pm

you’re so lucky to have the Zhu family to cook all these yummy food for you – i’m so jealous lol

5. Comment by snow — June 28, 2009 @ 4:19 pm

I heard that papaya dessert is good for ladies. U r lucky to have Mr Zhu and his family.

6. Comment by Frances — June 28, 2009 @ 6:52 pm

we have very sweet and fresh papayas here in the summer, we buy them by the box,it contains 9 papayas for US $ 17.00. These type of Papayas come from Haiwaii and i like better than the ones come from Mexico,they are more sweet and tender, we like to eat it fresh,no cooking for me:0)!!
    Happy Summer to Everyone!

7. Comment by keen — June 29, 2009 @ 4:14 am

Your papaya dessert looks nice but I have not try eating it this way. I normally put the papaya in the fridge first. When it is cold then remove and cut into half. No need to remove the skin. Squeeze lime or lemon juice on top. Use a spoon and scoop the flesh….yummy!!!

8. Comment by Yenny — July 5, 2009 @ 10:50 pm

hmm Yum…. I havent tried eating papaya this way… and Papaya in australia is relly expensive.. so we rarely have it here… would only have it when I go back home…

9. Comment by Fiona — July 6, 2009 @ 6:33 am

The papaya dessert looks yummy!!! Any recipe for that??? It’s not that easy to find papaya in the UK.