Pear Soup

Posted by mamabok | Awesome,Chinese,Slow Cooking,Useful Tips | Saturday 13 June 2009 3:03 pm

As you all know.. i’ve been having a lot of soup of late.  Mr Zhu from the Chinese restaurant had been feeding me well.  Last week Staurday .. it was pear soup (Swit Leah) .. it was very sweet.. and i was instantly relief of my sore throat.  Swit Leah is said to be cooling.. with all the good effects on your body.  We Chinese believe so strongly on home-made soup.. double boiled better still.. and i so missed those days.. that I can buy all sorts of ingredients.. from our local chinese medicine shop.  Like i tell everyone back home.. had i continued living in Singapore.. i would definitely need diet pill because there are just too many good food back home.   I especially missed the Soup Restaurant.. and their Samsui Chicken – i know Lina would agree with me… on that.  I eat their every other day. .when i was home.

1. Comment by min — June 13, 2009 @ 9:18 pm

Soup restaurant!!! that reminds me i haven’t been visiting them! hehe…

2. Comment by Pandora — June 13, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

it looks like homemade soup… my mommy always makes me soup and i love it.

3. Comment by Lina — June 14, 2009 @ 12:58 am

Oh yes, Soup Restaurant! Nice :-P Oh well Jan, if u’re in Sg, dieting pills is not enough if u’re not one of those who’s good in controlling diet. Here’s one living example :-( That’s through my experience. It’s either u go all way out for food or control your diet (which is very torturing!)

4. Comment by tsuchiyama — June 14, 2009 @ 2:26 am

I used to go to ryou zhong yat tong in HK for soups.
    Yes, MB I totally agreed with you. Singapore is a food paradize .Besides Japan, HK and Singapore are my second home. I like singapore lah.
    I suddenly remembered a song which I had sung during my secondary days in Singapore, The lyrics were :Singapura ,,oh singapura. can u recall this song?I know you are going back to Singapore next yr for holidays. shiok leh. Must enjoy yourself to the fullest leh. With Lina kai mah around, sure happy lah.

5. Comment by mona p. — June 15, 2009 @ 2:35 am

If you know me, I am a lucky person who always got to enjoy homemade soup since I am living with my family. Yes, Pear soup is so good for “cooling”, and is great with corn + carrot. If no Pear, Apple is another fruit choice.

6. Comment by shirleyloo — June 15, 2009 @ 5:53 am

ohh… my first time seeing Pear soup.. I usually do corn coup (easy n healty n tasty).. but now that I saw this i can add pear on. Tks MB for uploading! I never been to Singapore – am planning to go over end of the year lah ;-) I heard christmas sesaon is very nice thr … so maybe by then I’ll head over Soup Restaurant haha

7. Comment by ilovetvb — June 15, 2009 @ 10:00 am

Pear soup is delicious. I like to add a little apple, almond,and dates to my pear soup. It is really good to “cool” the body.

Jo, welcome back! I guess your fingers are doing better. So happy to see your comments again. Take care, do over do it.