Diabetic CheeseCake

Posted by mamabok | Cakes/Desserts,Diabetic,Food Review,Health,My Musing | Saturday 11 July 2009 2:23 am

I love cheesecake!  the more authentic it is .. the better for me.  But like all diabetic .. you and I know that I cannot have so much cake.  So we bought frozen ones instead. .that way .. i can cut a piece at a time.. to eat.. without feeling guilty that i might waste the food away.

Often ppl asked me, how come I can eat Cheesecakes.. but you see the key of eating as a diabetic is not to deprive yourself of the food you like.. but to eat in moderation.  Yes.. you don’t need to control the food you take.. just look at the nutritional information… and eat a little a a time.

Yes.. just this tiny piece.. for the whole week.  I never crave for it.. but if i think about it.. i would take a small piece.. and freeze the rest.  is there diabetic cheeseckes..?? i bet there is out there.. but wouldn’t it be simpler .. just to control the portion you eat..??  luckily i’m not a dessert kinda gal. LOL…!!  no i am not dieting..i’m just counting my sugar contents.. in the food i eat.  As you can see… it’s the “ang moh” who had to cut the cake for me.. because it’s frozen.. and i donch wanna kill myself.. muahahhaa!!

A Bride For A Ride (Previews)

1. Comment by tsuchiyama — July 14, 2009 @ 2:49 am

Welcome back MB. I agreed with you. To eat in moderation is the best way to remain healthy. This frozen cheesecake looks delicious too.

2. Comment by shirleyloo — July 14, 2009 @ 3:43 am

MB, you consider very gud jor loh .. know how to control ur food intake (unlike my sis-in-law everyday makan noodles n nasi until now sugar level touch 11 jor); moderation is very good for any1 & every1 actually … keep it up we will support u ;-)

3. Comment by Frances — July 14, 2009 @ 5:31 pm

Yeah,i totally agree with Tsuchiyama, enjoy your food in moderation is the key to a healthy eating habit!:0)

4. Comment by Lina — July 14, 2009 @ 10:09 pm

Jan, i know u’re one of those who’s discipline when comes to eating healthy, ‘ka yeow’ ok? ;-P

5. Comment by Penang Gurl — July 15, 2009 @ 5:05 am

Mama bok, the cheese cake look delicious. Well, i shall convince my mum to cut down on her food as well. keep it up…

6. Comment by Mei — July 15, 2009 @ 2:28 pm

Ummm, cheesecake yay! Best thing you could do is make your own using low fat cream cheese and sweetener instead of sugar. And use light digestive biscuits and add fruit!

7. Comment by isabelle — July 15, 2009 @ 5:33 pm

Hi Mama Bok!!
    Isabelle here..i love cheesecake too!

8. Comment by Janice — July 15, 2009 @ 9:06 pm

Hey MamaBok! Its good that you’re eating in moderation *thumbs up* Cheesecake is so yummyyy…sometimes its very hard to resist~

9. Comment by soofen — July 16, 2009 @ 5:18 am

My father has this diabetics as well but he stop everything sweets like cakes… maybe I can just let him have a little to just fulfill his craving instead of cutting out…

10. Comment by i love green and chocolate — July 26, 2009 @ 8:37 pm

there are frozen cheesecakes? for how long? i enjoy eating cheesecakes too and i crave them from time to time, but since i’m a diabetic too, i didn’t buy any cuz i thought they would get wasted since i can’t leave them in the fridge for too long. but i live w/ a family that loves sweets too so even if i do buy one, they would be all gone the same day, which would make me equally sad x(

and yes, there are diabetic cheesecakes like the one in junior’s restaurant in nyc, i have yet to try it out haha

11. Comment by matt — September 11, 2009 @ 7:47 pm

some of the best ebooks i’ve found on this subject at low prices were here http://www.ebuks.co.uk

i found it really helpful for info.