Pursuing Dreams

Posted by mamabok | My Musing,Useful Links,Useful Tips | Tuesday 28 July 2009 12:55 pm

Like many of you .. I’m always busy but that does not stop me from pursuing an interest like my dear friend – who went for an online Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership .  I am inspired by her because she like myself is a busy mother who works full time and plays full time.  There is never a moment where it is left for idle, unlike most people that I know here – who make every excuse just not to do anything but stand outside a coffee shop and chat, smoke and more chatting.  Such a shame but I’m entirely different, I can’t wait to pursue my dreams.. and now that Chloe is older, I’m looking forward to sharpening my skills in web-designing.  The local college does have a course here .. but if i took an online course – that is from a reputable online university and its papers are recognised for future references, that would be the way to go for me.  Why..??   because we own our own business and we have a kid to watch full time, it makes it more feasible to do an online course instead of having to physically go to school at a restricted time with timetable.  For people who are discipline and focus like myself, and knows what they are getting into – online studies are really a good thing – but like everything i do and advise my friends – looking into every aspect of what you are getting into is very important.  So if you don’t see me updating as much, you will understand that I’ve found a course that I am happy in doing.  Wish me luck eh !

1. Comment by Mei — July 28, 2009 @ 3:43 pm

Good luck MB! Can I recommend a website software for you. It’s called Dreamweaver (unsure which version is out now). I used this in uni in one of my modules. I think in courses like these they will ask you to design a website using forms, tables, frames etc… So fun!

2. Comment by snow — July 28, 2009 @ 4:44 pm

I support your decision MB! We should always try to upgrade ourself and gain more knowledge. It’ll be hectic but satisfying

3. Comment by Michele — July 28, 2009 @ 6:18 pm

Good luck, MB!

4. Comment by Lina — July 28, 2009 @ 11:47 pm

I really admire your strong will n determination in upgrading yourself. All the best n Gd Luck Jan!

5. Comment by shirleyloo — July 29, 2009 @ 12:46 am

All the very BEST MB… you will definitely find ur dream course to pursue .. INSPIRATION is good eh ;-)

6. Comment by Macy — July 29, 2009 @ 1:33 am

Good Luck MB! We know you will succeed!

7. Comment by Frances — July 29, 2009 @ 3:45 am

MB, I think that is a great step in the right direction and I wish you all the best of luck with this endeavor! Keep us posted on how everything goes!

8. Comment by kk — July 29, 2009 @ 6:59 am

Im so proud of you MB! Never give up, I support you 110% :)

9. Comment by Julie Chang — July 29, 2009 @ 9:44 am

Jan (MB),
    You are truly such an inspiration. Wishing you all the best.

I too also have an on-line business. Check out the bridemaids dress our company design for the wedding.

May I ask you for any help with website design in the future?

Thanks!!

Julie,

for sure..!! for sure..!!

mb

10. Comment by Uncle — July 29, 2009 @ 10:56 pm

Hi Mama, I am not only admiring but total envy the direction you are heading, just pure cool….cheers always

11. Comment by CT — July 30, 2009 @ 12:42 am

Oh my goodness, that is great news! I’m so excited for you. It is certainly a blessing to be able to pursue a dream : ).

Good luck!

12. Comment by keen — July 30, 2009 @ 1:57 am

The happiest people are often those who have found a way to put their aspirations into practice. MB, you have set your goal. Here wishing you all the best of luck.

13. Comment by HN — July 30, 2009 @ 9:43 am

That’s exactly what I will do when my both my newborn and toddler grow up later :) Good luck Mamabok!!!

14. Comment by Alvin — July 30, 2009 @ 12:52 pm

Hi MB, good luck and all the best to you. Im sure that you will succeed.

15. Comment by jen — July 30, 2009 @ 2:28 pm

gooooooooo luck mbb.

16. Comment by Tsuchiyama — August 7, 2009 @ 6:42 am

ganbatte kudasai(strive hard, work hard) my friend.
    Mr Uncle. your comments always made me smile. Well, very funny when you address MB as Mama. I heard a little about you from Lina. I knew you are a cute funny uncle.Thank you always.