Breakfast @ Tim Hortons

Posted by mamabok | Breakfast,Canadian,My Musing,Western | Monday 21 September 2009 12:41 pm

IMG_6532

The ang moh was getting some work done  this morning for his buddy and since i didn’t get any breakfast this morning.. because I didn’t get much sleep last nite .. and decided to sleep in .. after returning from sending Chloe to school.  I don’t usually eat Tim Hortons breakfast .. because it is very rich.  But having said that .. it’s much better than MacDonald if you asked me.. and more expensive too.  This biscuit breakfast was at $3.99 + tax wherelse at Macdonald it is less than $2 i think ( donch quote me.. i could be wrong).  Anyhow.. the breakfast came with the biscuit that holds the sausage and the eggs.. it was nice and warm.. very yummy..  but once again .. darn rich..!!  For those who haven’t been to Canada.. for the last year you wouldn’t have tried this .. because this is relatively new. So what did you have for breakfast..??  if i had a choice.. i would prefer Chee Cheong Fun.

1. Comment by Pandora — September 21, 2009 @ 3:45 pm

actually i had this last saturday… the biscuit saugage breakfast, hashbrown and coffee for like $3.50

2. Comment by kate — September 21, 2009 @ 4:31 pm

I tried not to spend that much on Breakfast now so i made my own Wheat toast with garlic butter with Coffee from Starbucks.

3. Comment by Uncle — September 21, 2009 @ 10:43 pm

Chee cheong fun with all the yong tau foo topping yummy ^^

4. Comment by Frances B — September 22, 2009 @ 4:22 am

My daily breakfast always starts with a cup of coffee with cream and sugar, wheat toast or chinese sweet buns. It’s kind of boring sometimes, so on weekend, we like to go for dim sum or house of pancakes for brunch! :o)

5. Comment by Lina — September 22, 2009 @ 11:46 am

Chinatown’s ‘pei tan sou yok chok’ :-P

6. Comment by cutiemonkie — September 22, 2009 @ 3:41 pm

It cost the same if you have it on a bagel, which i think tastes a lot better! I find the breakfast sandwich a little flaky…

7. Comment by ilovetvb — September 22, 2009 @ 4:50 pm

I usually just have some plain or vanilla yogurt with granola and fruit. But I would rather have cheong fun, bak jook and fried cruella. Yum! How I miss that.

8. Comment by clarence — September 22, 2009 @ 9:18 pm

yummy!

9. Comment by CT — September 23, 2009 @ 1:23 am

I love that sandwich from Tim Hortons. I always get one there and then drive to McDonald’s for a coffee…heh, like their coffee more :p.

10. Comment by keen — September 24, 2009 @ 9:16 am

For b/fast I prefer something that is not oily. Usually I will make a cuppa Nescafe 3 in 1 and add in 2 tb spoons of instant oats and 2 teaspoons of wheat bran. This drink goes well with cracker biscuit. Yummy.

11. Comment by snow — September 24, 2009 @ 10:22 pm

Breakfast on weekdays would be a mug of oats and 2 slices of bread. Since I’m rushing to work, there would be not time for fancy b/fast.Weekends would be noodles or dimsum

12. Comment by shirleyloo — September 25, 2009 @ 2:52 am

I would usually bring my son to Oldtown kopitiam – we will share the half-boiled egg & kaya butter toast ;-)

13. Comment by kokoro — September 25, 2009 @ 6:10 pm

Usually it’s bland oatmeal with rice milk on week mornings and dim sims on the weekends.