Curry Chicken

Posted by mamabok | Awesome,Chinese,Food From Home,My Musing | Thursday 10 September 2009 2:55 pm

curryrice

So I cooked curry chicken last nite .. because i was really, really dying for it and how to resist…. since I received a packet of ready paste from Charmaine in Australia.   I know the coconut must not be good for my diet.. but truth be told.. i could eat it everyday.. and drink curry from a bowl.. muahahahah!!!  I didn’t put any potatoes in it.. because that would mean.. too much starch.. and since .. i couldn’t get to the grocery store.. i couldn’t get any eggplants to go with it.  Okra or ladies fingers is not really available here – so since no vegies.. i have to look for other alternative.

tomatoes

I had some tomatoes left from the other day.. so I brought them along..  and finished it. Not the best combination .. but beggars can’t be choosers right.  Not forgetting.. i really donch have so much time.. to cook for Chloe and then myself.. and stir fry another dish of broccoli, although i would have preferred broccoli anytime.  And yes.. i ta pau to work lah..!! cannot wait .. to have it for dinner after work.. gotta eat it.. and stink the whole store.. muahahahhaha!!!   Thanks .. Charmine..!!!  i had some more of it at nite.. but this time with bread.. yummy..!!

1. Comment by Charmaine — September 11, 2009 @ 3:24 pm

What a coincidence Jan. I also used the same paste to cook curry chicken for dinner last night. Ate it with bread instead of rice. I could curry chicken all the time too. Yum!

2. Comment by Mei — September 11, 2009 @ 8:15 pm

Hahah, I had curry today too for dinner earlier :)

By the way… New banner looks nice!

3. Comment by Macy — September 11, 2009 @ 8:37 pm

the curry chicken looks yummy. I could eat curry everyday too. I eat mine with japanese radishes…:-)

4. Comment by Yvonne — September 12, 2009 @ 1:09 am

Ahhh going to school away from home makes me miss my mom’s curry’s chicken!! Also, love the new image on the top of the page :D

5. Comment by keen — September 12, 2009 @ 2:05 pm

Your curry chicken looks so tempting. Yum-yum!

6. Comment by snow — September 12, 2009 @ 3:53 pm

The new theme looks nice. I love chicken curry too =)

7. Comment by kokoro — September 12, 2009 @ 7:23 pm

MB, your curry chicken looks really appetising! I could stomach curry chicken on a daily basis too if not for the high cholestrol content from the coconut milk. Curry chicken is simply too scrumptious. I go have 3 bowls of rice with just the curry sauce and nothing else!!!

8. Comment by kokoro — September 12, 2009 @ 7:25 pm

MB, your curry chicken looks really appetising! I could stomach curry chicken on a daily basis too if not for the high cholestrol content from the coconut milk. Curry chicken is simply too scrumptious. I could eat 3 bowls of rice with just the curry sauce and nothing else!!!

9. Comment by Lina — September 13, 2009 @ 3:10 am

Whooh, chix curry, my fave! Enough of Prima Taste Chix curry paste? Let me know yeah :-P

10. Comment by Kat — September 13, 2009 @ 12:16 pm

yummy, curry! I’ve been craving for some too!
    just moved out here and there’s like literally only 2 small asian markets in the whole city! snif snif, I might go back sometime next week to see if they have some curry packages ^^ hehe

much love out to mamabok! ^^
    ~ Kat

11. Comment by Michele — September 13, 2009 @ 8:35 pm

I had curry yesterday and the day before yesterday too. They were different types of curry of course. One was the green Singapore/Malaysian curry which I made w/noodles and beef balls. Yesterday’s was eating out at an Indian restaurant w/tons of spices…all looked like orange curry.

12. Comment by kristina — September 13, 2009 @ 11:55 pm

lol seems like you made a lot of curry! i wish when we make curry at home it turns out as good as yours! when my grandma cooks it, it turns out a bit too water-y =/ haha

13. Comment by shirleyloo — September 14, 2009 @ 8:43 am

hmm looks yummy loh MB!! but curry chix must put santan then oni nice woh .. anyway, u did it well..it sure looks great!! now i know wat else i could put in my cart hehe ;-D

14. Comment by Annessa Du — September 14, 2009 @ 4:35 pm

I haven’t had curry in sooo long! i MISS my mother’s cooking (: