Healthy Lunch @ Tim Hortons

Posted by mamabok | Fast Food,Food Review,Western | Tuesday 8 September 2009 12:45 pm

sandwich

I donch know about the rest of Canada.. but I find it really hard to eat healthy .. and not eat the same thing over and over again. I think it’s mostly because i don’t wanna spend so much just on food .. as i want a Kohler faucets badly at home. Is a sandwich like this healthy..??  Do I have to eat subway everyday..??  if i don’t cook..???  I love the gals at Tim Hortons.. they are very nice.. and very friendly.. it’s like going to visit your g/fs..  but with food.  And they do try to please.. and i’m not the most difficult customer..but I can tell you .. i have weird taste.  A sandwich like this cost like $3.99 but you see.. i eat chicken everyday.. and really could use something different.  But being a diabetic.. you and I know.. i cannot have so much of eggs and mayo.. so sometimes.. when it is not too busy .. after peak lunch hours.. i ask the gals if they can do half chicken salad and half egg salad for me.

I hate to put the gals in a bad position .. and tell them.. i won’t be upset.. if they can’t do it.. but most of them.. they aim to please.. and really i don’t mind paying extra.  So yes..  i think it’s as healthy as i can get.. and it’s cheap enough..  and it’s a quick lunch.. and i’m full after eating the whole piece of sandwich but it would be awesome if they have mushroom soup.. everyday..  :)  So what did you have for lunch..??  when i have lunch or dinner .. at the store.. i have a real headache.. because i really donch know what to eat.

1. Comment by Tsuchiyama — September 9, 2009 @ 11:20 pm

I can understand your situation. I remembered when I was in Boise (short term), I had a hard time because the varieties and choices for food were so limited. I do not eat meat except seafood. It was difficult to get seafood there except meat . Idaho potatoes was good so my main menu was mostly potatoes.

2. Comment by Charmaine — September 10, 2009 @ 2:00 am

Lunch is also a challenge at my workplace, because of limited choices and high prices. I try to bring something from home two days a week (usually leftovers) and buy lunch the other two days at work. Unfortunately, I cannot eat sandwiches everyday.

3. Comment by Lina — September 10, 2009 @ 10:31 pm

I saw this post yday & that was how i ended up in Swensen’s & had Sourdough 49ers Chicken- Chicken slices, turkey bacon and cheddar cheese sandwiched between sourdough football buns with fries & coleslaw..not very ‘healthy’ yeah?

4. Comment by mommy to chumsy — September 11, 2009 @ 12:47 am

i just had pan mee…hehehehheeheh. however, i would love to have tims for lunch. i think i can eat sandwiches every day :)

5. Comment by Frances — September 11, 2009 @ 4:01 am

My daily lunch at work usually is quick and simple meals such as homemade or Subway sandwiches,canned bean soups, leftovers and some fruits afterward. It is alright because I really don’t want to eat too much during the day but I fill up my stomach with full course dinner at night with family! :)

6. Comment by shirleyloo — September 11, 2009 @ 5:21 am

HAHA… so coincident mommy; me too just had pan mee hehe… my lunch usually be either pasta or western as provided in our outlet so no headache so far yet ;-)

7. Comment by ilovetvb — September 11, 2009 @ 11:59 am

Every meal is a challenge for me. It is so difficult to make something that everyone in the family likes. I bring a homemade lunch because I don’t really take a lunch break when I work. I usually make a sandwich of deli meat, cheese, lettuce, sundried tomato, and dijon mustard. Sometimes, I will make pasta salad – pasta, poached chicken, sundried tomato, olives, feta cheese tossed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper. I also make Japanese cold noodle with crabmeat, cucumbers, & eggs. It gets kind of boring. I would love to get more homemade lunch ideas.

8. Comment by Alice — September 11, 2009 @ 1:45 pm

When I say I had “kway chap”, Jan, I am sure you will say, oh boy! I had the healthy version, no spare parts, but jus the tofu, taupok, taukee, hardboiled egg and fish cake. And a celery plus green apple juice for my lunch today. In SGP, we are all spoilt for choices!

9. Comment by Mei — September 11, 2009 @ 8:43 pm

I had a peanut butter sandwich on brown bread, sliced cucumber, egg and some fruit. :) Homemade food is the best and the cheapest!

ilovetvb, have you made sushi rolls or onigiri for lunch before? You can try making mini cheesecakes or steamed veg with rice and a bit of meat/fish. I’ve become a bento box lunch fanatic – and there are loads of bento blogs and sites to check out. Plus MB’s blog – I take some of the ideas from here, and make a homemade version of it (i.e. gyozas) :D

10. Comment by ilovetvb — September 12, 2009 @ 11:50 am

Mei, I have made sushi rolls and onigiri for lunch but I am really tight on time in the morning and sushi and onigiri has to be made fresh in the morning in order for it to taste good. It is too time consuming for me to make it in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion.

11. Comment by Mei — September 12, 2009 @ 7:56 pm

ilovetvb, I actually make mine at night, and they still taste great by lunch time at room temp. Forgot about the morning rush…