My Weekend

Posted by mamabok | General,Meet Up With,My Musing,The Brat | Monday 14 September 2009 4:53 pm

So how was everyone’s weekend..??  well.. it started off pretty good.. with a surprise visit from Godma Lynn who was in town from her business trip in Moncton .. she drove all the way up to Yarmouth .. to visit us.. for half hour. Afterwhich, I went to New Century Restaurant to try and take some pictures of the restaurant .. while it was full house .. but was asked point blank by one of the waitress .. if i had the permission of the ppl to take their pictures .. ?? and put it online.. *slap forehead*.

nc

Firstly, the restaurant was full house.. did she really expect me.. to ask individual ppl or bring along a speaker.. and announced it publicly..??  And why am i answerable to her.. when it was her boss who commissioned me.. to do it..??  But just to set the record straight..  i wasn’t gonna put anyone’s direct face online.. if you see the above picture .. can you recognise anyone..??  i guess she never heard of photoshop eh..??

pancakes

Saturday morning came.. and we went to Macdonald’s drive thru’  and bought pancakes for the brat.. but halfway thru’ breakfast, she felt sick.. she was all hot.. and firing up.  Then everything went downhill of course for me.  Chloe’s fever went from high to higher.. and although she was in good spirit .. we hardly got any sleep for the last 2 nites.

sickchloe

Sunday came and went.. and she was still having her fever. We missed the airshow that was in town. – and this was what we saw from our front door. We also managed to get some groceries.. and headed home.. and still her fever didn’t wanna go. Not much sleep at nite too.. because she kept waking up. But we still managed to do some housework.. cleaned .. vacuumed and mopped.. and clear out the fridge. The “ang moh” cooked for the kid and himself.. and i cleaned.

airshow

This morning .. she woke up .. and no more burning.. THANK GOD..!!!  she was up to 104 at one time yesterday.. and the “ang moh” didn’t really wanna give her any more medication .. but before going to work.. I insisted on one more dose.  We didn’t let her go to school..  and that’s not only because of her fever during the weekend.. but because chloe came back with a black eye.. on friday.. and no one in school informed us about it.  But that’s another story for another day.

playing

So the moral of this story ???  for those who thinks .. i have a lot of time on hand.. please know that..  it is not true.. like you see .. this is only part of the weekend.. the rest you still haven’t heard about.  So if you have any special request .. i am not able to help you out – not that i donch want to .. but seriously .. i have a life too you know.  This is as good as you can get – if you want something else.. you will just have to be like everyone else.. and look for your own resources.  I thank you for understanding.. and for the good ppl out there.. who never make any demands.. or ask me ridiculous questions.. i thank you .. and i value your friendship.. and i hope you appreciate mine.

1. Comment by Frances B — September 14, 2009 @ 6:18 pm

I am sorry to hear that Chloe was sick during the weekend, hope she will get well soon! My weekend went by really fast , we did some biking around town and sightseeing along the Willamette River. MB, thank you for all your hard works and please take care of yourself and your family first! :)

2. Comment by Tsuchiyama — September 14, 2009 @ 7:33 pm

I am so glad and relieved to hear that Chloe fever has subsided. I am going out soon, my school reopens today.
    Jan. Please please do take care of yourself. Your family comes first than anything else.

3. Comment by mommy to chumsy — September 14, 2009 @ 9:46 pm

Glad to hear that Chloe is better now. Of course your family comes first :)

4. Comment by kate — September 14, 2009 @ 11:53 pm

Wow! 104? I remember i was very painful to see one of my niece went up that high one time and imagined you’re the mother. Totally feel you. Glad to hear Chloe is ok. Next thing you know she’ll be baking cookies again.

5. Comment by keen — September 15, 2009 @ 5:11 am

Cheers MB! Good to hear Chloe is well.

6. Comment by kokoro — September 15, 2009 @ 6:02 am

MB, I salute you! You are one remarkable lady! I know for a fact that life is hectic for me but your weekend sounds horrendous! So sorry to hear about Chloe being sick and feverish all weekend. Good to hear that she is now feeling better. You must take care of yourself too. Once I took my sick daughter to see a doctor. Guess what the doctor said to me, “You make sure you get plenty of rest yourself because mums cannot afford to be sick.” You are truly a lady with a big heart. Please accept my salute to you once again!

7. Comment by christina — September 15, 2009 @ 6:19 am

I know how terrible you feel once your kid got sick. I had bad experience with my kid too and at that time i hope i am the one who got the sickness rather than the kid, honestly.

8. Comment by Alice — September 15, 2009 @ 8:00 am

OMG! Fever was so high ah! I remembered those sleepless nights when my two boys were younger and sick with high fever, boy you have to wake up every hour to check on them. Jan forget about those online demands. You take care, the Princess and the family comes first!

9. Comment by shirleyloo — September 15, 2009 @ 9:08 am

thank GOD lil Chloe fever is gone for good ;-) hope everything goes well on ur side.. ur family is the most important thing; take care of them well yeah (and i mean urself as well here..)

10. Comment by kk — September 15, 2009 @ 9:59 am

Happy to hear Chloe is all better, 104 is very serious.. MB family is so important so dont let the unappreciative ppl put pressure on you. As you say time and time again this blog is about friendship and friends dont have an expectations on each other. Take care xx

11. Comment by Lina — September 15, 2009 @ 10:30 am

Yay…Chloe is well now :-P

12. Comment by Mei — September 15, 2009 @ 5:04 pm

Poor Chloe ah. It’s not nice to have a fever. Glad to hear she’s ok now!

13. Comment by Cin — September 24, 2009 @ 7:24 am

sorry to hear that Chloe got so sick! we appreciate everything that you do, hope you know that.

i notice you try to give healthy stuff to chloe. maybe its time to consider changing her diet to be almost 90% healthy stuff and only weekends where she can have her chocolates biscuits, etc

with myself i find that diet really plays an important role, and i have started using food as my medicine. this applies to my 2-yr old nephew who only eats organic vegetarian – with rare opps of trying some pizza, chasiewbao, etc he never gets sick, and is always happy. reminds me of chloe when she’s having FUN! :)