Pei Dan Sau Yok Chook

Posted by mamabok | Chinese,Food From Home,Food Review,Friendship,My Musing,Useful Links,Useful Tips | Saturday 10 October 2009 10:34 pm

chook

Saturday came and went.. and we’ve been without a babysitter for 2 weeks now.. time for a myrtle beach vacations I thought to myself.  Feeling like a vacation .. and a wee bit nostalgia about the long weekend.. whereby if we didn’t own our own business… and back home in Asia.. we would have fly out to our neighbouring countries .. for a short break.

chook1

Lucky for me.. I have to Zhu’s to take care of me..  I had planned to order my wanton soup and an egg roll .. but instead .. Mr Zhu offered me some Century Egg and Pork congee.  2 bowls were given to me.. and guess what..?? greedy me.. sapu all at once.  Well, it was afterall, lunch time.  The ang moh ordered 5 chicken balls.. and the Zhu’s only charged him $2 for it.  *slap forehead* .. see lah.. how not to repay them for their generousity.

1. Comment by Michele — October 12, 2009 @ 10:46 pm

Congee is so yummy! Too bad we don’t have any thousand year old egg anymore.

2. Comment by Frances — October 13, 2009 @ 12:06 am

A bowl of congee soup for lunch…delicious! Whenever we go out for dim sum, a bowl of family size congee is always ordered for everyone, we all love it! :)

3. Comment by shirleyloo — October 13, 2009 @ 2:42 am

although the congee looks bit diff from the 1 we having here (without foo chuk & vege inside)..it sure looks great the texture!! sure yummy MB until MB sapu all hehe …

4. Comment by Lina — October 14, 2009 @ 2:21 am

If i were u i will also sapu all @ one go ..lol

5. Comment by soofen — October 15, 2009 @ 3:45 am

the best ever congee

6. Comment by mona p. — October 18, 2009 @ 2:40 am

I love any congee with “thounsand year old egg”!!!