Quaker Oats

Posted by mamabok | Breakfast,Food Review,My Musing,Western | Wednesday 28 October 2009 3:14 pm

oats

I went out for breakfast with a good girlfriend of mine who is also working on my term life insurance when i ordered plain old oats for breakfast.  She was kinda shocked that i was only eating oats and offered other things in the menu.. hahah!!  Funny how some ppl can think oats is plain and boring.  What about you ..?? you eat oats..?? or only when you are ill..??

But it’s true lah..the Quaker Oats box can be quite deceiving hor..?? after nuking it.. it looks kinda plain and gross.. but it’s so healthy.. and really filling.  Whenever I eat oats in the morning.. i feel really good about myself – you know our body can only take so much junk.  I even have turkey bacon instead of regular one.. and of course.. if i can find ones with less salt.. i would eat that instead.

Some ppl think that it’s only because i’m diabetic.. i’m watching my diet.. but truth be told.. i never really like junk food.. except for my laksa and char kway teow.  And since i can’t find it anywheres here.. except for great online friends.. and family from home.. that sends me the paste for them.. i can’t get it.   But give me rojak .. i can eat it.. everyday with my rice.

1. Comment by Pandora — October 30, 2009 @ 5:52 pm

I like oatmeal :)

2. Comment by Uj — October 31, 2009 @ 12:25 am

oats.. erm dun like ler..

but i know it’s good for the heart.. and also absorbs fats from the body. Rite? mayb i shud eat it regularly now.. since i m no more in my 20’s.. HAha :D

3. Comment by kate — October 31, 2009 @ 2:40 am

I eat oakmeal almost everyday for breakfast not because i’m ill or watching my diet, it’s because i think it’s healthy. I add alittle of cranberries or nuts in it to make it a little more interesting. =)

4. Comment by Frances — October 31, 2009 @ 8:42 pm

I love to cook instant oatmeal for breakfast in the morning. I also make oatmeal raisins cookies for snacks. My family enjoy them, too. Have A Nice Weekend,Everybody! :)

5. Comment by Lina — October 31, 2009 @ 10:38 pm

It’s healthy! I like it

6. Comment by snow — October 31, 2009 @ 11:57 pm

I normally add abit of muesli or raisins to my oats for breakfast.

7. Comment by ilovetvb — November 1, 2009 @ 12:41 am

I love oatmeal, but I don’t have time to make it everyday for breakfast. Only on weekends. I don’t like to eat the instant kind – it just doesn’t taste the same. I love to add a little bit of brown sugar and one egg to my oatmeal. It is so healthy and delicious…wish I could eat it every morning.

8. Comment by Wai — November 1, 2009 @ 10:51 pm

I love making oatmeal, especially for my lo gung. I’ll make my mom’s way when she fed the four of us at home. Oatmeal, water, sugar, egg, milk and sugar.

9. Comment by babe_kl — November 3, 2009 @ 12:33 am

haha i had quaker oats with bovril and some spicy fried ikan bilis for dinner last night :p

10. Comment by blackdove — March 3, 2010 @ 3:53 am

I love oatmeal too! But it doesn’t have to be boring. In fact I eat it not only for breakfast! Here’s an alternative recipe to add Asian flavors to instant oatmeal.