Vegetable Curry & Naan

Posted by mamabok | Food From Home,Food Review,Friendship,My Musing | Thursday 22 October 2009 3:30 pm

vegiecurry

You all know .. i crave for food from home and even though i love curry a lot, there is only so much curry chicken one can eat with rice and noodles right.  So when Charmaine sent one of those vegies curry paste, i decided to make some vegie curry for dinner – but since i have been having rice and vegies for so I looked for something else to go with my vegie curry instead.

naan

Yes..! they do have naan here.. but not as popular with the people here.. and really i can’t eat that much naan in one meal.  So i had to freeze the 2nd piece for another day.  The garlic naan that i had wasn’t too bad.. nor were they expensive .. about $4 .. and it’s easy and already cook.  All you need to do, is to heat them up in the oven.. and it’s ready to eat.  Yums..!!

1. Comment by Annie — October 23, 2009 @ 8:14 pm

that looks really good :)

2. Comment by Charmaine — October 23, 2009 @ 8:44 pm

i like the vegie curry paste too, easy to cook and also a great alternative to chicken curry (as you mentioned). My sis is coming from Oregon to Sydney for Christmas. Let me know if you need anything, I’ll get her to take it back to Portland and send it to you.

3. Comment by Lina — October 24, 2009 @ 12:02 am

Curry looks yummy!

4. Comment by CT — October 24, 2009 @ 9:16 am

I had naan a couple of days ago too! Picked some up at the local supermarket. They have a whole wheat version…doesn’t taste as good tho : O.

5. Comment by snow — October 25, 2009 @ 2:20 am

Yummy! I’ve always loved naan. Great alternative to rice and noodles. Serve it with salad, and voila that’s dinner done. =)

6. Comment by ellyzatyc — October 25, 2009 @ 12:02 pm

Garlic naan is yummy. I would love it with tandoori chicken. It a great combination!

7. Comment by Estee — October 26, 2009 @ 12:01 pm

Looks good

8. Comment by boston — October 26, 2009 @ 2:22 pm

Sometimes when I’m also sick of rice and noodles, I buy a small loaf of French bread, lightly toast it and eat it with curry. I like how the outside is crispy and the inside is so soft. Don’t know if you would like to try that.

9. Comment by Pandora — October 26, 2009 @ 2:55 pm

i love nann with butter chicken

10. Comment by Frances — October 26, 2009 @ 6:11 pm

your vegie curry bowl looks so good to eat right off my comp screen…! :)

11. Comment by Hansel — October 27, 2009 @ 7:40 pm