Moms Going Back To The Workforce

Posted by mamabok | Canadian,Friendship,My Musing,Useful Links,Useful Tips | Saturday 28 November 2009 5:36 pm

show

This morning while preparing to go back to the store, I thought to myself, i would very much like to go back to work.  Yes, we own our own business.. but helping the “ang moh” is different from going out and earning someone else’s money.  As much as I would love to go out and interact with some “normal” people and having an objective in sales target and so forth..  i once again thought about who is gonna take care of Chloe.  And having not work in a regular and demanding job for the last 10 yrs.. i’m actually wondering if I’m equipped to go back to the workforce.  I also figured that I should do some upgrades now..  like  look into some online degree programs that way i still can be there for Chloe when she is back from school or  be home to put her to bed on time without having to go to school physically.

By opting to go for an online university , I don’t have to worry that I’m leaving Chloe on her own while she is still so young yet I can prepare myself to enter the workforce with an extra degree that my future employer will value.   Doing my degree online also allows me the flexibility to plan my time accordingly and fit them around Chloe’s many activities and those of the store’s.   I love the fact that tuition on these online courses are affordable  because you and I know that raising a kid is not cheap and cost effectiveness is one thing I learn from being a mom.  Moms  like me raring to going back to the workforce can make their dreams come true now, but discipline and having strong family support as well as a reputable school is important.  What is your take on upgrading oneself..?

1. Comment by D — November 28, 2009 @ 6:43 pm

: )

2. Comment by hallen — November 28, 2009 @ 8:26 pm

omgosh mama bok! are you back on for the showing? >.< im just curious, which website are u using to find all the episodes?! i keep looking…and i have yet to find the newer episodes of beyond the realm of conscience. anyways, i hope online college will help ya =]

happy holidays!

Cheers,
    Hallen

3. Comment by Pk — November 28, 2009 @ 9:07 pm

Hi Mamabok,

Do u think I can pls have the password for Beyond the Realm of Conscience episode 30 & 31? Thanks.

Also what is the website address to get in?

4. Comment by kerbau pit — November 28, 2009 @ 10:09 pm

hey!

5. Comment by kimberly — November 28, 2009 @ 11:21 pm

mama…i dun have a degree as well….and also thinking of getting one..obtain it online need to have alot self discipline….means…can’t spend most of time watch movie liao..hahaha …another thing is…it seems like 99.9% of the ppl in the street have degree or even higher…seems like nothing special liao…i was thinking of getting something special like…languages…..what u think?

6. Comment by Frances — November 28, 2009 @ 11:37 pm

yes mb! I wholeheartedly agree. I have always wanted to go back to school and get a degree myself, and admire those that have taken the extra step to do so. It is very wise of you to choose an online university, that way you can keep up your studies without losing time with Chloe! I wish you lots of luck on this endeavor!

7. Comment by Cynthia — November 29, 2009 @ 12:14 am

I’m desperately looking for ep 30-31. It seems like you’re the only one who has access to it. Would you be able to send me info to access it? Share with your fellow drama addicts!

Thanks!! :)

8. Comment by Lola — November 29, 2009 @ 2:05 am

I’m looking for 30 n 31..Thanks a lot……

9. Comment by rachel — November 29, 2009 @ 3:29 am

Can I have access to watch Beyond the Realm of Conscience episode 30 & 31 please?

Thanks :)

10. Comment by angie — November 29, 2009 @ 6:02 am

Can I have the password to watch beyond the realm of conscience episode 30 and 31

11. Comment by snow — November 29, 2009 @ 9:00 am

I support your decision MB. I went back being a student after working some time. It was really refreshing. Plus, online degree would enable you to be there for Chloe as well as save up on accommodation and transportation cost. All the best to you!!!

12. Comment by susan — November 29, 2009 @ 9:45 am

Mamabok, can I get the password please. Thanks

13. Comment by kimberly — November 29, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

mama…how to watch Beyond the Realm of Conscience from here??

14. Comment by teeheee — November 29, 2009 @ 4:14 pm

Omg, I love you for having ep 30 & 31 of BTRC :)

15. Comment by lydia — November 29, 2009 @ 11:53 pm

Mamabo, please can I have the password to BTRC Ep 29 until 32 please?? thank you very much!

16. Comment by wing — November 30, 2009 @ 12:24 am

hey can i get the pw to watching beyond the realm of consience thanks ^_^

17. Comment by mina — November 30, 2009 @ 1:40 am

i would like to watch episode 30 and 31 of beyond the realm..

18. Comment by Mei — November 30, 2009 @ 4:10 am

Good luck MB, it will definitely take you a lot of self discipline! What degree are you thinking of taking?

19. Comment by Eva — November 30, 2009 @ 5:27 am

Hi, may I have access to episode 32 and 33 as well, please? :D

20. Comment by Michelle — November 30, 2009 @ 11:05 am

I would appreciate the password to Born Rich episode 29 and 30.thanks!

21. Comment by elaine — November 30, 2009 @ 12:09 pm

hey can i get the pw to watching beyond the realm of consience thanks? and where it is? thanks

22. Comment by Lina — November 30, 2009 @ 10:18 pm

Hi all, pls give me time on the pw thingy yeah…been Xtremely busy lately, no time even to chat with MB online…hor Mb? Pls be patience pls…thx!!

Lina

23. Comment by chris — December 1, 2009 @ 2:44 am

Yes, it is good to “upgrade” ourselves. However, I strongly feel a mom’s priority is still the family, upbringing the kids. I do have a degree and held a very high income job once upon a time. “So what”, I finally have to give up my job and be a stay home mom with zero income. It was tough but I find it very rewarding even though we have to stay on a budget. Good luck to you. Rgds/Happy holiday!!!

24. Comment by Pat — December 1, 2009 @ 12:50 pm

i’m sure upgrading oneself is great but are jobs easy to come by for women with paper qualifications but out of touch with the working world cos they had to stay home while kids were growing up… guess that won’t be yr case MB as you’ve been running yr own business all this while.