Pineapple

Posted by mamabok | Amusing/Bizarre,Food Review,Fruits | Thursday 7 January 2010 3:37 pm

pineapple

I love pineapples – never used to though but ever since coming to Canada, I don’t find many that is cheap enough nor sweet enough.  But once in a while pineapple comes on sale for a few dollars cheaper than usual – and if they looked good enough I would get them for dessert.

pineapple1

This time, just before the new year I saw some from the local grocery store and bought some.  Lucky me, they weren’t that bad either – of course, i couldn’t finished all but now that i’ve had my hysterectomy, i wonder if it would still affect me – you know the chinese myth about pineapple is not good for woman’s body.  If you know the answer let me know eh.  So who loves pineapple..?? let me know.  Oh.. i love pineapples with my ham and also pineapple rice.

1. Comment by quekie — January 8, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

hi
    may i please get the link and password to beauty of they game episodes 19 and 20? i am kinda lost on this site….=(

2. Comment by jen — January 8, 2010 @ 9:32 pm

looks yummy. but i cant really eat pinapple alone. i fine it too plain. but i love it on fried rice with chicken !! “bor lor gai lap chow fan” you heard that before?

3. Comment by kokoro — January 8, 2010 @ 10:52 pm

Hi MB, please ignore my query above. All sorted now thanks to Aunty Kai Mah!

4. Comment by Lina — January 8, 2010 @ 11:07 pm

Me, me, me! I’m a big fan of pineapple. Pineapple tarts, pineapple cream cheese cake, pineapple whatever :-P

5. Comment by ilovetvb — January 9, 2010 @ 1:50 am

I love pineapples…and only the fresh ones – hate the ones in the can. The syrup overcomes the taste of the pineapple. Pineapple with ham is the best. Can not eat too much pineapple because it is “wet” and “heat”.

6. Comment by frances — January 9, 2010 @ 4:36 am

i love Thai pineaple fried rice,it comes with chunks of pineapple, plus cashews, peas, shrimps Mmmm – heavenly! Sometimes we even put a slice of pineapple on hamburgers and call them “hula burgers”! Very yummy. When I went to Hawaii a few years ago, we went to the Dole Pineapple plantation and it was very fun and delicious to taste the pineapple ice cream! :)

7. Comment by Pandora — January 9, 2010 @ 3:24 pm

i love pineapple especially the fresh ones. It is considered a hot fruit that is what my mommy always tell me, so she would always soak it in salt water before serving it.

8. Comment by Mei — January 9, 2010 @ 3:46 pm

I love fresh pineapple – usually by itself or with fresh cream or in a fruit salad.

9. Comment by jaccobs — January 10, 2010 @ 4:16 am

Can I pls have the password to the beauty of the game? Thanks a lot. Great website!

10. Comment by Shirley Loo — January 11, 2010 @ 2:34 am

I can love pineapples when they r cooked .. with rice, in pizza n tarts… but not fresh though.. coz they made my tounge goes numb everytime after eating them, plus my mum told me it will get worse if u drink water after eating them woh…