Spinach Rice Vermicelli

Posted by mamabok | Canadian,Chinese,Food Review,Useful Links | Thursday 14 January 2010 11:25 pm

spinach

Yes ! again ! i found this in our local grocery store. What a surprised eh! I mean here in Canada – very easy to find bodybuilding supplements at our local stores but what are the chances to finding vermicelli and spinach ones at that! I thought to myself.. boy! this must be my lucky week – I mean i like spinach and it’s healthy – so how bad can it be right?

spinach1

So quickly – i cooked it as soon as I had a chance – didn’t even need to have it in my beef stew but still cooked it to try it out. That was how excited i was – hahah!! mountain tortoise eh? Well – for those who’ve never tried this before – don’t waste your $3.50 because it had an awful smell to it – and it broke into so many tiny pieces.. it was hard to it – and it wouldn’t drain dry properly. Bummer eh..!! potong steam..!

1. Comment by Shirley Loo — January 15, 2010 @ 3:08 am

wow!!! I’ve heard of spinach fettucine only so far… this is new combi woh ;-) too bad it doesnt turn out nice hor?

2. Comment by jen — January 15, 2010 @ 1:40 pm

never really tried spinach one before. i like the plain one though!!

3. Comment by kokoro — January 15, 2010 @ 7:29 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this product. Now I won’t buy it if I see it in the shops here.

4. Comment by ilovetvb — January 15, 2010 @ 10:49 pm

The idea sounds good, too bad it did not turn out good. I have tried squash rice vermicelli and it was great. I’ll try to get a photo of it. I found it in a Chinese supermarket when I was in New York.

5. Comment by keen — January 16, 2010 @ 6:14 am

Oh….What a disappointment it didn’t turn out nice. Thanks for sharing.

6. Comment by mommy to chumsy — January 16, 2010 @ 6:58 am

wow, never seen this over here. hmm..perhaps you gotta soak it first for an hour.

7. Comment by Mei — January 17, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

Hmmm, I think I prefer plain vermicelli, I don’t think I’ll try the spinach one.

8. Comment by soofen — January 18, 2010 @ 11:39 am

oh thought it’s another new thing to try~that’s ashamed