Gong Hei Fatt Choy

Posted by mamabok | Around The World,Food From Home,Food Review,My Musing,Useful Links | Tuesday 16 February 2010 2:40 pm

oranges

Gong Hei Fatt Choy ! to everyone !  I’m sorry it took me so long to write up a post for you all.  This year’s Chinese New Year had been a really busy one – and i’m sure you already know that.  We had our first Chinese gathering with friends who have adopted Chinese kids from China and this was arranged by good friends Adele and Gerald who came to pick us up for the gathering and dinner and sent us home as well.  So even though I had to do a quick trim fast cleanse reviews I had to make sure i find time for them.

oranges1

We also managed to do up a basket of oranges for the Zhu’s from the Chinese restaurant – sent out some gifts for Chloe’s Kai Mah – in Singapore and give our a few ang pows while we were at it.

oranges2

I missed all the goodies from home but I know – blogging friend Jen from www.charmsoflove.ca will be sending some stuff to us from Toronto – so I’m not so homesick now.  How about all of you ..?? how did you make out this Chinese New Year ..?? did you win a lot on the mahjong tables..??  did you Low Hei yet..??

1. Comment by MeiPY — February 20, 2010 @ 8:05 am

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

2. Comment by Sharon — February 20, 2010 @ 10:20 am

gong hei fat choy to you too!!!

3. Comment by venomx3 — February 21, 2010 @ 12:16 am

gong xi fa cai (:

4. Comment by venomx3 — February 21, 2010 @ 12:17 am

how do i get the password for the synopsis?

5. Comment by shirleyloo — February 22, 2010 @ 3:43 am

gong hei gong hei to everyone!!! the mandarin oranges looks really fresh there hor … my mahjong session had been very limited due to kyle’s attendance hehe…kenot play long loh….

6. Comment by Lina — February 22, 2010 @ 5:17 am

Yes yes, me mah jong almost every alternate days till backache LOL

7. Comment by Linda — February 22, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

Kung Hei Fat Choi to everyone!!

8. Comment by Daisy — February 23, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

Gong Hei Fatt Choy to you too, MB! Not forgetting everyone else here. I have been living here more than ten years now. I missed the Low Hei. In Rockford, Illinois, USA, there is no Chinese restaurant that serve any Chinese New Year menu at all! :(
    Have a Great Day!
    Daisy

9. Comment by mei — February 23, 2010 @ 8:22 pm

Hmm lou hei is lou sang right? no lou sang here. stupid town. Btw, didnt play mahjong, chor dee instead which i suck at. ‘Terrible’ friends of mine always like to chor dee especially when im around, coz they can wallop all my money, shoo terribleee horr..

10. Comment by Vivian Ong — February 24, 2010 @ 5:23 am

Kung Hei Fatt Choy to u too, MB

11. Comment by kokoro — February 27, 2010 @ 9:04 pm

Sorry for the late Chinese New Year wishes, MB. Gong Xi Fai Cai or should I be wishing you a Happy Chap Goh Mei instead seeing it is the last day of the Chinese New Year over here?

I had a great time in HK celebrating Chinese New Year with my siblings. The atmosphere there was fantastic with fireworks and colourful floats on parade.

Wishing you the best of blue skies and all things nice in the year of Tiger!