Home Cooked Meals For Weekends

Posted by mamabok | Chinese,Food From Home,Friendship,My Musing | Wednesday 17 March 2010 2:22 pm

sunday

I had told PB that I wasn’t cooking on Sunday because it’s my rest day and on last Sunday – I had a mission and that was to re-arrange my pantry and look into some womens vitamins that i’m keen on buying.  By the way – we have 2 pantries – one for my food and one for PB’s food.. hhahah!!! yes..! kinda crazy..!  but guess what..?? i ended up cooking on Sunday..! because it was sthe only right thing to do .. for Chloe… afterall, she needs wholesome meals right..??

sunday1

So at 4.30pm on last Sunday.. i started chopping and cooking… and since we haven’t had Emperor’s chicken for so long – i decided to steam some.  It was a 2hrs cooking in low flame – and since i didn’t wanna use a whole chicken..  I decided to get some drumsticks instead.

sunday2

With whole chicken .. we end up not eating all the chicken.. so i decided that this will do.  But when you are using the herbs meant for this steam chicken.. make sure you don’t use as much paste as i did because it might just turn out to be a bit bitter.. and add some water into it.. because not much came out of these drumsticks.

sunday3

We also added red dates and wolfberries into the steamed chicken .. for a healthier meal.

sunday4

And at 5.30pm .. PB helped me cooked some hainanese chicken rice to go with the steamed chicken… so there we had whole home cooked meals for the weekend.  I feel pretty good about it… because I like knowing that i didn’t give junk food to Chloe.

A Fistful Of Stances (New)

1. Comment by shirleyloo — March 17, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

hmm…sure looks gud eh? wat an idea of adding mushrooms into the mixture ;-) I shall try next time too!!! thanks MB ;-)

2. Comment by frances — March 18, 2010 @ 1:51 pm

i must try this recipe someday, it looks so healthy and delicious. Your food pictures always looks beautiful, MB! :)

3. Comment by Lina — March 18, 2010 @ 10:03 pm

It’ll be gd to remove skin before eating, healthier right? Skin very FATTENING :-P

4. Comment by Ella — March 19, 2010 @ 9:42 am

hey, by chance I came across your blog when I saw pictures of this wonderful dish. However, I have a question, what are the spices that you have marinated the chicken with?

5. Comment by Sharon — March 19, 2010 @ 11:36 am

hihi MB

directed here by lina, would love to receive a pw from you ^^ i love herbal chicken too! used to DIY them using those ready made packet ^^

6. Comment by Jen Cheung — March 19, 2010 @ 9:04 pm

looks delicious!!!

7. Comment by keen — March 20, 2010 @ 1:55 am

Yay…A very healthy dish and simple to prepare! Yummy!