Ipoh Tea

Posted by mamabok | Drinks,My Musing,Shopping | Wednesday 24 March 2010 3:13 pm

ipohtea

I don’t drink the regular tea here in Canada – i usually ask for Owl’s 3-in-1 tea – but you see the Asian grocery store isn’t here in Yarmouth but in Halifax and they were outta it – so Mr R – was so kind and went over to Bedford side to get some for me.  Well, they didn’t have Owl’s brand as you can see – so they gave Mr R this instead – which isn’t too bad.  But wait a minute – you must be thinking that this must be loaded with sugar.  YES ! it is .. but before you wag your fingers at me.. and say .. “naughty old fart” … hahahah!!!  i only drink half a pack and not the full one.  Like i said to everyone – having diabetic doesn’t mean you can’t eat or drink anything – you sure can.. but everything in moderation.   I’ve never drank ipoh tea before – so now i know how ipoh tea taste like eh.  I know a few fans here who are originally from Ipoh – i wonder if they would say the same about my instant ipoh tea.

1. Comment by mommy to chumsy — March 25, 2010 @ 9:41 pm

wow, didn’t know you can get Ipoh Oldtown White milk tea all the way in Nova Scotia :D Cool ;) I don’t drink tea so I won’t know how it taste like too. This is the brand of the famous Ipoh OldTown White coffee which has many modern-style kopitiam in the whole country :D Perhaps you would like their 3 in 1 coffee. Very nice of Mr. R :D

2. Comment by shirleyloo — March 25, 2010 @ 11:56 pm

ahhhh….oldtown indeed a great brand MB.. agree with Barb…their coffee lagi best!! my everyday breakfast place hehe…. this Mr R really ‘yau sum yau lik’… ;-)

3. Comment by kokoro — March 26, 2010 @ 5:00 pm

That is very good tea! Yeah, the best way to have it is just to make a cuppa using half a packet. I find them rather sweet too using a whole packet of the tea for a cup.

4. Comment by mona p. — March 26, 2010 @ 8:28 pm

i drink that too!!! they have different taste as well. MB, u should tried the hazelnut one!

5. Comment by keen — March 27, 2010 @ 5:35 am

Yay…I agree with everyone here that Ipoh Oldtown is a very popular brand everywhere. My fav. is the hazelnut. Really got ooomp!!!

6. Comment by Daisy — March 30, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Hi Mama Bok!
    I love tea! This is one of my favorites but the healthier one is Owl. :)
    Take Care and Have A Great Day!
    Daisy